1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

DDNS For CCTV

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Ian Holl, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Ian Holl

Ian Holl Occasional Visitor

I've just set up a DDNS using No-ip's service. That's obviously a pay service unless you keep renewing your DDNS every 30 days.

My question is can I use Asus' DDNS for my CCTV? I have a AC87U router running Merlin's latest firmware.

2. martinr

martinr Very Senior Member

I don’t know what you mean by use Asus DDNS for your CCTV; the Asus DDNS is an excellent and reliable way of representing your public IP address and must be by far the easiest way to set up DDNS on your router.

Try it, it’ll probably take longer to log into your router than it will to set up your asuscomm.com DDNS address. If it doesn’t do what you intended, ditch it, nothing lost.