What's new

Default password?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SkOrPn

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, I was preparing to update to the newest fw when I got side tracked working with an IT guy who needed access to the router for configuration purposes in order to flash new firmware onto one of my network devices. I had created him a strong pw using LastPass, but after the remote session was over and everything was good I changed the password using Lastpass again but failed to have Lastpass save it for me... What a dufus. Now I have a VERY strong PW on my router that I do not know, hahaha. Anyway, if I hard reset using the button what is the default user and pw on these asus routers? Mine is the RT-AC66U_B1 using the AC68U fw obviously. Was it admin/admin? I completely forget and I don't want to reset until I know for sure. Again a big LOL on me....

There is no default password because when you first connect to the router it forces you to set your own password.

Last edited:
Your question has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. :rolleyes: But to answer it anyway.... there is no default password because when you first connect to the router it forces you to set your own password.
Yeah sorry, I posted in the wrong thread somehow and I have no effing clue how that happened. But I realized that Lastpass has a recorded history thing that had the password so I figured it out long ago. Again, sorry for the post failure as I meant to post elsewhere and simply failed.

Enjoy your weekend.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!