What's new

Web interface inconsistencies and data corruption with RT-AX88U pro using the latest FW 3.0.0.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

I am using the latest Asus FW 3.0.0.6.102_33308 with the RT-AX88U Pro, I have a lot of inconsistencies in the Web interface, some examples:

Wireless:
- Network Map --> System Status --> Wireless: It shows the correct information (SmartConnect ON, with the correct SSID and password)
- Wireless --> General: Shows the wrong information (Shows the old information before I activated SmartConnect, old SSDI(s) and passwords

I would say in general If I modify any parameter then click apply, it will come back showing in the interface nothing was changed, after a reboot it will be OK and show the correct information.

The web interface seems extremely buggy for a firmware that released for the first time on June last year for the RT-AX88U Pro, even after7 months it is still super unreliable, like data corruption with the information shown on the web interface.

Is there like a hard reset or factory reset that I can perform that will help with these issues? Can I safely Save Settings --> Hard Reset --> Restore Settings?

Any guidance will be appreciated, thank you

For a good working firmware you may have to wait about 2 years after code base change. Then Asus changes the base again and the beta cycle repeats. The best working firmware from previous years was the latest versions of 384, then the latest versions of 386, current 388 is still buggy... what 102 firmware from June you are talking about? You are at least 10 factory resets away from good working 102 Pro firmware. If you really need VLANs capable router now - wrong hardware choice.

Last edited:
For a good working firmware you may have to wait about 2 years after code base change. Then Asus changes the base again and the beta cycle repeats. The best working firmware from previous years was the latest versions of 384, then the latest versions of 386, current 388 is still buggy... what 102 firmware from June you are talking about? You are at least 10 factory resets away from good working 102 Pro firmware. If you really need VLANs now - wrong hardware choice.
3.0.0.6.102_21514 released on June 20th 2023

Look at it as beta firmware. It obviously has issues delaying the release for other compatible models. Even the flagship GT-AXE16000 doesn't have official Pro firmware.

I see, that's unfortunate because I really need the new pro-features, and Merlin still doesn't have them bundle in, do you think a hard reset/factory reset will help or it is just the FW and not necessarily a data corruption issue?

This is a brand new router that came preinstalled with one of the previous 3.0.0.6 FW (I am not sure if the one from June or November), upgraded to the latest one released today, as soon as I started experiencing the UI issues installed the latest Merlin Beta FW to check if the Pro features were there, once I confirmed they were not, I reverted back to the latest 3.0.0.6 FW, but the UI issues were present from the beginning, and I doubt a brand new Router will come with a corrupted FS.

Thank you for the feedback

I just hit refresh on my browser after changing a value that looks like it didn’t change, shows the new value after the refresh.

Seems like a pretty minor bug.

I just hit refresh on my browser after changing a value that looks like it didn’t change, shows the new value after the refresh.

Seems like a pretty minor bug.
Unfortunately in this case it doesn't work, sometimes depending on what value is being updated a reboot will help, my my Wireless issue described before it can't be fixed even with a reboot

I really need the new pro-features

This is a home router. No professional in need of pro features will get this Pro router. You have to deal with what is available at the moment. Only a few Pro firmware capable Asus routers got the new firmware. All the rest are still waiting. Use what's available or replace with what works for you now. Otherwise you have to be very patient.

I am using the latest Asus FW 3.0.0.6.102_33308 with the RT-AX88U Pro, I have a lot of inconsistencies in the Web interface, some examples:

Wireless:
- Network Map --> System Status --> Wireless: It shows the correct information (SmartConnect ON, with the correct SSID and password)
- Wireless --> General: Shows the wrong information (Shows the old information before I activated SmartConnect, old SSDI(s) and passwords

I would say in general If I modify any parameter then click apply, it will come back showing in the interface nothing was changed, after a reboot it will be OK and show the correct information.

The web interface seems extremely buggy for a firmware that released for the first time on June last year for the RT-AX88U Pro, even after7 months it is still super unreliable, like data corruption with the information shown on the web interface.

Is there like a hard reset or factory reset that I can perform that will help with these issues? Can I safely Save Settings --> Hard Reset --> Restore Settings?

I Hard Reset fw and configure from scratch before troubleshooting or asking about it:

FW Reset FAQ

Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE

Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!