What's new

Deny Bad Servers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GP-RJ

New Around Here
Hi All. This is my firt post and first of all i would like to give a big tks for all the good info here.

I just installed Merlin and felt a big difference. I use to play games at night with my son and we felt less lag/delay when playing.

OI found a couple of EA servers adress and did i traceroute using pingplotter. I discovered a bunch of things like:

1 - 2 bad hops in the trace route
2 - Discovered EA bad servers (for me at least) by ip

The question is: is it possible to "jump" those bad hops? I tried i VPN and i my route decreased 5 or 6 hops and i had less ping BUT i lost lots of packets on the way.

The second question is: Since i know wich servers are good for me and which ones arent, is there a way to deny the bad ones and priorize the good ones? Ive read that DumaOS could handle this and i thought we could figure this out using Merlin.

Again, tks all for the great knowledge inside this forum.

Could use the Network Services Filter to blacklist the IP’s you found that are bad
e1ba153e4c8a1437cbfdafbb755dc53e.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 bad hops in the trace route
This is normal and can be ignored. Not all intermediate routers will respond to traceroute reliably, or even at all. It does not indicate a problem. The only thing that is important is the response from the destination server.

The problem with traceroute or ping is you don't know high high of priority ping has. Some people give it low priority so it does not effect real traffic.

The network services didn't work for ea servers for some reason.
Ended up using skynet...as you know how to find the IPs it should be straightforward.
Some ea games use testing servers which makes it even easier to block bad locations once you know the testing server addresses.
Fifa has Paris...frankfurt...ireland...holland...sweden..
As you fire up Ultimate team these plus another 10 or 11 IPs show up under UDP port 3659 and console IP.
Use Iplocation to check which is for which.
Once you recognise the bad location....put it in skynet to block.

remember to disable CDN whitelisting as ea use amazon....credit to @delay_fifa on twitter