What's new

Differences between Netgear WDNR3700 and WDNAP350?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nikleb

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I'm looking to get a concurrent dual band n AP. I'm told that any wireless router can also be configured as an AP. It looks like that the WDNR3700 gets good reviews as a router. Netgear has a dedicated AP WDNAP350 that is geared towards SMB that seems well received as well.

What are the differences between the models? Other than the obvious one: router capability. Do both devices share the same radio, electronics?
Any advantage of the WDNAP350 over the WDNR3700?

I have a WDNAP350 that I'll be reviewing soon. It doesn't really have that many unique features over the WNDR3700. Both use Atheros silicon. But the FCC ID docs for the WNDAP350 aren't clear enough for me to tell whether they are using the same chipsets.

The WNDAP350's key advantages are that it can be powered by PoE, it supports external antennas and has a serial console port. Disadvantage is that it's about 2X the WNDR3700.

Both, PoE adn serial are not even important to me. I saw WNDAP350 for ~$235. The WNDR3700 seems to go around $130. So, I'm looking forward to your review if we find anything that justifies the $100.

Both, PoE adn serial are not even important to me. I saw WNDAP350 for ~$235. The WNDR3700 seems to go around $130. So, I'm looking forward to your review if we find anything that justifies the $100.
I wouldn't hold my breath. These products tend to be more alike than different, especially when using chipsets from the same manf.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!