What's new

Disable WMM APSD. result no wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gravityz

Today i decided to disable WMM APSD on my RT-AX88U.

i was told this option is responsible for client power saving modes
to get mores table wifi i decided to disable it in the hope that clients would stay connected.

The result was that wifi was totally gone.
also a reboot did not fix things

i decided to change things back but still no wifi
as a last resort i powered off/on the router which fixed things.

anybody else has experience with this option
should we leave it alone or is it save to disable(but does it need a complete power cycle)

yes WMM is and i left it on
however WMM APSD seems to be able to turn of devices when they are not used.

turning it off however disabled my complete wifi so for now i will keep in on :)

yes WMM is and i left it on
however WMM APSD seems to be able to turn of devices when they are not used.

turning it off however disabled my complete wifi so for now i will keep in on :)

I think you might need to "forget" the network on the client and re-join if you eliminate APSD but not positive. The question is, why do you want to drain your client batteries faster for no reason? This is one of the few wifi features that works reliably with just about every device.

It does not turn off devices, it just reduces wifi power and link speed when the client is idle or doing minimal traffic. It can then jump back to full speed and power in under a second.

I think you might need to "forget" the network on the client and re-join if you eliminate APSD but not positive. The question is, why do you want to drain your client batteries faster for no reason? This is one of the few wifi features that works reliably with just about every device.

It does not turn off devices, it just reduces wifi power and link speed when the client is idle or doing minimal traffic. It can then jump back to full speed and power in under a second.
Ah. clear now.

i will leave it on

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!