What's new

Disable radio

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

knutb

New Around Here
Two questions:
In a 2x AX92U + 1 AX53U mesh, I tried disabling the 2,4 Ghz on the AX92U node unit, but the result was that wifi was lost altogether and both nodes disappeared from the mesh system as displayed in the admin apps. Is it really possible to en/disable individual wifi radio bands on the individual units?

Q2: Using the priority uplink setting for the AX53U; if the preferred 5GHz wifi uplink goes down, the unit does not fallback to the connected ethernet connection. Is there another setting (other than Backhaul Connection Priority) to facilitate this other than expecting automatic fallback?

Firmware Version is
3.0.0.4.388_23630 for the AX92s,
3.0.0.4.386_69021 for the AX53

Thanks for any input on this.

Two questions:
In a 2x AX92U + 1 AX53U mesh, I tried disabling the 2,4 Ghz on the AX92U node unit, but the result was that wifi was lost altogether and both nodes disappeared from the mesh system as displayed in the admin apps. Is it really possible to en/disable individual wifi radio bands on the individual units?

Q2: Using the priority uplink setting for the AX53U; if the preferred 5GHz wifi uplink goes down, the unit does not fallback to the connected ethernet connection. Is there another setting (other than Backhaul Connection Priority) to facilitate this other than expecting automatic fallback?

Firmware Version is
3.0.0.4.388_23630 for the AX92s,
3.0.0.4.386_69021 for the AX53

Thanks for any input on this.
Disabling a radio may not be in your best interest. Especially the 2.4 GHz as I feel the AiMesh uses WPS, even with Ethernet backhaul, to check the connection status of the nodes. I've also found that it is best to use the auto uplink/backhaul settings. The default WIFI settings may also be best.

OK - thanks for your quick response. I'll keep the default setup. But your comment then seems to imply that one can never set up the ASUS mesh broadcasting 5GHz exclusively?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!