What's new

Disabling networkmap connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ghostgum

New Around Here
networkmap is keeping open an HTTP connection to my cable modem/gateway. This is preventing me from accessing the management web interface on the cable modem.

asuswrt-merlin is running in AP mode.

Can I configure networkmap to avoid probing that particular address?
Alternatively, how do I stop networkmap from running (and continually restarting)?

Maybe this would help:
380.58 (20-Mar-2016)

- NEW: Added Tweaks and Hacks settings to Tools -> Other Settings. These are UNSUPPORTED tweaks, intended mostly for experimentation, or very specific situations. If unsure how to apply these, manually reboot after changing them. One of new settings there lets you disable hourly network rescans, to resolve issues with NAS/printers coming out of sleep every hour.

I have already installed the lastest version of Asus-Merlin firmware, and disabled the hourly network scans. This doesn't help. Something is periodically restarting networkmap, and whenever it starts it locks out the web based network management on my cable modem.

On the other hand, perhaps networkmap has been responsible for my desktop computer waking up for no apparent reason.

Where do things like networkmap get started? The Asus-Merlin firmware is different from normal desktop/server linux builds, and I haven't found the startup scripts.

Is there a command that puts the ROM into read/write mode, so I can rename networkmap so it can't be found?

The only way to change this is to modify and recompile the firmware.

Could I run a script on startup to add an iptables rule that blocks the asus router from doing a tcp/http connection to my cable modem?