What's new

disabling p/g protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swistheater

Very Senior Member
does any one know a command that can be used in SSH to disable b/g protection?

Last edited:
does any one know a command that can be used in SSH to disable p/g protection?
Click the drop down. Select legacy. You will see the setting become usable. Why on earth you would want this can only mean you have some really old equipment or you do not fully understand what this setting for. Do a search at the top of the forum. It works awesome.

I am more interested in toggling it off and then back on , but no matter what option I choose in the router for wireless whether it be auto or legacy I cannot toggle it on and off.

Last edited:
I beg to question whether it is actually on that is why I am asking. and it isn't allowing me to test.

Last edited:
RT-AC5300 and the 384.5 new alpha 2, I question whether it is on b/c it has always been greyed out since the switch from 380 and I've notice connection has changed for N devices that shared network with several G devices since then.

and I've notice connection has changed for N devices that shared network with several G devices since then.
What sort of change have you noticed?

You could try setting the b/g NVRAM variable directly through SSH.

nvram set wl0_gmode_protection=off
nvram commit

Then refresh your browser.

well I've noticed the wireless performance drop for the N devices. and that has been since switching from 380 to newer 382 up until now. I've just really haven't asked about it b/c I mainly use 5ghz band and it has been other people with older equipment complaining. But I know it isn't in the professional settings I've troubleshooted that already to get the best I can get out of that.