What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

• Remove via amtm ps by selecting "4. restore - revert back to prod version and clean up test directory"
  • In terminal enter
    Code:
    opkg install pixelserv-tls --force-reinstall
  • Then in Diversion ep "4. Restart pixelserv-tls"
Huh? In amtm, ps only gives me two options.

I have to agree with cmkelley here.

On the RT-AC86U I did not have the beta pixelserv-tls option installed and could not see any of those menu items thelonelycoder indicates.

I then installed the beta version, but they are still not showing.

It seems like the only way to uninstall it right now is to uninstall Diversion?

I seem to remember the menu items from a previous install of Diversion, but that was a while back now (many updates to both Diversion and amtm too).

Hi guys
Sorry for stepping in uninvited. Just upgraded to Merlin 384.10_2 and I have noticed loads of issues particularly with client vpns and outside streaming services. Reason I am posting here is that the .49 IP address keeps popping in the log, and I believe that was a reserved IP in order for Diversion to execute correctly. I did flash the firm and executed (what I believe is) a proper, clean install. Is there anything else I should have taken care of considering the router was running Diversion?
Apologies if there have been prior discussion for this in the thread.
Thank you

Hi guys
Sorry for stepping in uninvited. Just upgraded to Merlin 384.10_2 and I have noticed loads of issues particularly with client vpns and outside streaming services. Reason I am posting here is that the .49 IP address keeps popping in the log, and I believe that was a reserved IP in order for Diversion to execute correctly. I did flash the firm and executed (what I believe is) a proper, clean install. Is there anything else I should have taken care of considering the router was running Diversion?
Thank you
Can you share a bit of the log to show us what your referring to?

Huh? In amtm, ps only gives me two options.
I gues one can select either of the static or dynamic install, then the option is given.

Hi guys
Thank you
You woud have chosen that IP, but generally .2 is used for pixelserv-tls in Diversion.

I have a openvpn server that I would like to extend diversion into when connecting to it. I see stuff in the thread for openvpn vpn client, but nothing for the openvpn server although I may have missed it posted somewhere. Anyone have any insights on how to make this happen? Currently when I connect to the openvpn server, it appears to bypass diversion altogether.

Thanks in advance.

@thelonelycoder, when I got home tonight and swapped out the beta pixelserv-tls, I discovered the swap file detection needs to be "fixed" in Diversion as well. Although I admit it was amusing launching Diversion from amtm, having it remove the swap statement, then exit back to amtm to have it put it back in. LOL!

I'm such a troublemaker ...

@thelonelycoder, when I got home tonight and swapped out the beta pixelserv-tls, I discovered the swap file detection needs to be "fixed" in Diversion as well. Although I admit it was amusing launching Diversion from amtm, having it remove the swap statement, then exit back to amtm to have it put it back in. LOL!

I'm such a troublemaker ...
That just shows you how amtm and Diversion complement each other :)
Diversion will catch up soon.

Oh, there it is. :) It is slightly confusing to hide the uninstall option under the install option.
This is kvic's code.

I have a openvpn server that I would like to extend diversion into when connecting to it. I see stuff in the thread for openvpn vpn client, but nothing for the openvpn server although I may have missed it posted somewhere. Anyone have any insights on how to make this happen? Currently when I connect to the openvpn server, it appears to bypass diversion altogether.

Thanks in advance.
I use OpenVPN Server and Diversion is certainly not bypassed on my router. So much so that when on any other network insecure or secure, I am permanently connected to my router by OpenVPN Server. My OpenVPN setting in General for “Client will use vpn to access” is set to Both and in Advanced Advertise DNS to Clients is set to Yes.

Have you altered any default settings or is there anything unusually customised about your OpenVPN setup?

Can you share a bit of the log to show us what your referring to?
Thanks for responding, extended to @thelonelycoder. I have recreated a swap file and upgraded to latest Diversion mod (not yet in my signature). That seems to have done the trick... Also changed some vpn settings (switched server, mostly). To my eyes, indiscernable from magic ( @RMerlin permitting).
Sorry for wasting your time

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change
- Automatic swap file error correction functions are now the same as in amtm

Use u to update Diversion.

I am trying to get the alternated blocking file set up for the first time. I followed the directions on diversion.ch. I turned on DNS Filter and set it to "No filtering", added my alternate blocking file IP xxx.xxx.xx.3 under Custom DNS 1 (which I set up when in Diversion), then manually added each device I wanted to use Custom 1, they could not connect to the internet. As soon as I turn off DNS Filter, they connect just fine. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

I also tried to enable Fast Switch on Diversion but then I got a warning that it needed to be activated in Skynet first. I tried to do that (under Settings) but don't know what URL to enter there. Which host list URL do I pick for this?

I am trying to get the alternated blocking file set up for the first time. I followed the directions on diversion.ch. I turned on DNS Filter and set it to "No filtering", added my alternate blocking file IP xxx.xxx.xx.3 under Custom DNS 1 (which I set up when in Diversion), then manually added each device I wanted to use Custom 1, they could not connect to the internet. As soon as I turn off DNS Filter, they connect just fine. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thank you.
You probably need to look at how the second instance of dnsmasq is forwarding the non-blocked requests since it’s independent from the primary dnsmasq/stubby integration. What is your original WAN DNS set to?

This is what I have:
upload_2019-4-23_21-53-31.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!