What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to change the dns server so that diversion continues to block ads?
Anytime you like. As long as you do it in the routers WAN settings.
The IP used to block ads in Diversion is not affected by this.

Looks like it's a small fix. Disabling Diversion and re-enabling fixed it for me.

For Diversion not to be in an "enabled (unmounted)" state after re-installing from a previous installation, I've updated the installer with a very small fix: It unsets the $UNMOUNT_STATUS variable during install or update.
Use u to force update Diversion.
Thanks for reporting and let me know if that helped.

Confirming that it now works, Also tested again with the built-in DoT
All good thank you ;)@thelonelycoder

Last edited:
pixelserv-tls was working fine for me, but after updating my AC88U to 384.10_2 I now get the message
"pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2 (not running)"​

What could be the reason for this ? How can I fix it ? (It was working before the update)

Also what is the message:
"pixelserv-tls: symbol lookup error: /opt/lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol: __vdso_clock_gettime, version GLIBC_PRIVATE"​

sGk3yZo.png

I can't access anymore the site: http://192.168.1.2/servstats
So maybe the configuration went lost after the update. Can someone help me reconfigure pixelserv-tls or solve the problem ?

.ps this is my DHCP Server Settings:
iLj3uuN.png

Here are the logs:
bkzsrex.png

Last edited:
pixelserv-tls was working fine for me, but after updating my AC88U to 384.10_2 I now get the message
"pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2 (not running)"​

What could be the reason for this ? How can I fix it ? (It was working before the update)

"pixelserv-tls: symbol lookup error: /opt/lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol: __vdso_clock_gettime, version GLIBC_PRIVATE"​

I can't access anymore the site: http://192.168.1.2/servstats
So maybe the configuration went lost after the update. Can someone help me reconfigure pixelserv-tls or solve the problem ?

There are many things that could have happened.
Did you try to reinstall pixelserv yet?
You can just run the installer either from amtm option 4. or from diversion. In diversion go to ep - 6. manage entware packages - 6. update and upgrade installed packages

Did you change the dhcp IP Pool starting address from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.2? In the WebUI go to LAN - DHCP Server - IP Pool Starting Address and set it to 192.168.1.3

Did you check your USB drive for file system errors? In amtm install Disk check script with dc and reboot router. then check the log with dcl.

amtm install on your router:

curl -Os https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm && sh amtm

Copy and paste the complete command above into your SSH terminal and press enter.

"pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2 (not running)"

"pixelserv-tls: symbol lookup error: /opt/lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol: __vdso_clock_gettime, version GLIBC_PRIVATE"
Try this in the terminal:
Code:
opkg install libc --force-reinstall
Then disable and enable pixelserv-tls in ep.

Try this in the terminal:
Code:
opkg install libc --force-reinstall
Then disable and enable pixelserv-tls in ep.
When I try to run the command I get the following error:
upload_2019-4-19_17-26-6.png

There are many things that could have happened.
Did you try to reinstall pixelserv yet?
You can just run the installer either from amtm option 4. or from diversion. In diversion go to ep - 6. manage entware packages - 6. update and upgrade installed packages

Did you change the dhcp IP Pool starting address from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.2? In the WebUI go to LAN - DHCP Server - IP Pool Starting Address and set it to 192.168.1.3

Did you check your USB drive for file system errors? In amtm install Disk check script with dc and reboot router. then check the log with dcl.

amtm install on your router:

curl -Os https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm && sh amtm

Copy and paste the complete command above into your SSH terminal and press enter.
My DHCP Sercer Starting Address was 192.168.1.3, after I saw today that pixelsrv does not work I set it to 192.168.1.4. But now I set it again to 192.168.1.3.

I tried runnig update and upgrade installed packages from diversion but that did not help either.

My DHCP Sercer Starting Address was 192.168.1.3, after I saw today that pixelsrv does not work I set it to 192.168.1.4. But now I set it again to 192.168.1.3.

I tried runnig update and upgrade installed packages from diversion but that did not help either.
Don't do that. The error is with Entware or a corrupted USB device. Install disk-check in amtm then reboot the router for it to run the check.
Cross fingers that everything will be fine. If not, uninstall Diversion in d and select to remove both Diversion and Entware.
Then reinstall Diversion.

Don't do that. The error is with Entware or a corrupted USB device. Install disk-check in amtm then reboot the router for it to run the check.
Cross fingers that everything will be fine. If not, uninstall Diversion in d and select to remove both Diversion and Entware.
Then reinstall Diversion.
This is what disk-check log reports:
upload_2019-4-19_18-35-10.png

I will uninstall Diversion and Entware and install it again.

This is what disk-check log reports:
View attachment 17121

I will uninstall Diversion and Entware and install it again.
I would format the disk with amtm, this way it'll be compatible with its filesystem test.
Read the warnings given when running fd.

I removed Diversion and Entware and installed them again and now pixelserv-tls is running again.

upload_2019-4-19_18-42-19.png

I removed Diversion and Entware and installed them again and now pixelserv-tls is running again.

View attachment 17122
Did you fix the USB disks file system before reinstalling diversion? If not, you might encounter the same error again when rebooting your router next time.

Anytime you like. As long as you do it in the routers WAN settings.
The IP used to block ads in Diversion is not affected by this.
Should it also works in LAN/DHCP tab where there is a DNS configuration? It's also ok if someone wants to use DNS-based filtering in AiProtection to make use of 208.67.222.123/208.67.220.123 from OpenDNS?

Should it also works in LAN/DHCP tab where there is a DNS configuration? It's also ok if someone wants to use DNS-based filtering in AiProtection to make use of 208.67.222.123/208.67.220.123 from OpenDNS?
Diversion is tied to the Asus router's DNS forwarder dnsmasq.

If you configure your LAN clients to not use the router's DNS forwarder, then Diversion is not involved.

LAN DNS clients > WAN DNS servers

DNS forwarder dnsmasq can point to any DNS servers you like but the clients must go through the forwarder for Diversion's white and black lists to be in effect.

LAN DNS clients > Router DNS forwarder with Diversion > WAN DNS servers

In other words, configuring OpenDNS in WAN settings is compatible with Diversion while configuring OpenDNS in LAN settings is not compatible with Diversion.

My understanding is that Trend Micro AiProtection has an IP address database which Skynet uses but not a DNS hostname database for Diversion to use.

Last edited:
I've been getting a recurring error message whenever lists reload. It has evidently to do with the way a few entries, perhaps all of them coming from winhelp2002.mvps.org-hosts.txt, are getting parsed. I can manually remove these but they are always re-added, and look like this:
Code:
192.168.1.2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-10-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.info 
192.168.1.2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-18-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.info 
192.168.1.2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-33-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.info 
192.168.112.2o7.net 
192.168.122.2o7.net

Diversion 4.0.9 is now available

What's new in Diversion 4.0.9

- Diversion now uses md5sum for updates check
- Uses command "service reboot" instead of "reboot" to reboot the router
- Blocking list update now checks with md5sum if hosts list needs downloading
- md5sum check is also used for hosted whitelist, blacklist and wildcard-blacklist
- Support for hosted whitelist, blacklist and wildcard-blacklist. Enable it separately for each list in el, Edit <list>.
A hosted list must be hosted on an accessible web server and contain valid list entries, empty lists are ignored.
The existing list is overwritten by the hosted list when enabled. The list(s) are re-downloaded weekly during the blocking list update.
Hosted lists can also be manually re-downloaded and processed.

How to update to Diversion 4.0.9
To update to this latest version use d and select Update.

hetITke.png

nice :D

very useful the hosted whitelists for those with more than one router.

thanks decoderman :)

@thelonelycoder

I just updated to Diversion 4.0.9. When I updated my host files I encountered this:
i Running update-bf.div

using temporary pgl.yoyo.org hosts file to lower memory usage while updating
no local file: getting new hosts file
http://www.diversion.test/hostslist/pgl_yoyo_org.txt
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 1 seconds. 3 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 retries left.
Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 4 seconds. 1 retries left.
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'www.diversion.test'
pgl.yoyo.org is not hosts file, keeping blockinglist

Is 'www.diversion.test' right?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!