What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm having trouble with Amazon shopping app on Amdroid only,fine on iOS. Could it be because of diversion as it works fine when diversion disabled or over VPN. Below are logs when it happens, app shows a dog and text Uh-oh something went wrong.

12:24:00 blocked by blockinglist api.mixpanel.com
12:24:01 blocked by blockinglist decide.mixpanel.com
12:24:04 blocked by blockinglist ssl.google-analytics.com
12:25:12 blocked by blockinglist settings.crashlytics.com
12:25:14 blocked by blockinglist device-metrics-us-2.amazon.com
12:25:18 blocked by blockinglist e.crashlytics.com
12:25:21 blocked by blockinglist mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com

I'm having trouble with Amazon shopping app on Amdroid only,fine on iOS. Could it be because of diversion as it works fine when diversion disabled or over VPN. Below are logs when it happens, app shows a dog and text Uh-oh something went wrong.

You may have something extra on your Android device that also blocks ads? Have you tried whitelisting the amazon.com line above in Diversion?

I was having the same issue, first, I recommend reinstalling diversion and skynet(there was some odd issue i was having, do ^that guys 30-30-30 setup

Then make sure you check all of the servers for amazon.

aan.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-pdx.amazon-adsystem.com
aax.amazon-adsystem.com
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.in
amazonaws.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
completion.amazon.co.uk
fls-na.amazon.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
s.amazon-adsystem.com
s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
s3.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.co
smile.amazon.com
sqs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

Which are these.

The only ones that can optionally be left un/blocked are the device metrics.

Also as an update to people about my whitelist, I actually was given a full set of free Unifi gear, so I returned my asus, I will however still be updating the whitelist.

I was having the same issue, first, I recommend reinstalling diversion and skynet(there was some odd issue i was having, do ^that guys 30-30-30 setup

Then make sure you check all of the servers for amazon.

aan.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-pdx.amazon-adsystem.com
aax.amazon-adsystem.com
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.in
amazonaws.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
completion.amazon.co.uk
fls-na.amazon.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
s.amazon-adsystem.com
s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
s3.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.co
smile.amazon.com
sqs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

Which are these.

The only ones that can optionally be left un/blocked are the device metrics.

Also as an update to people about my whitelist, I actually was given a full set of free Unifi gear, so I returned my asus, I will however still be updating the whitelist.

Just note that a 30-30-30 setup does not work on Asus routers. ;)

Yes, it is due to Diversion's ad-blocking, this has been discussed quite frequently. If you search this thread for 'amazon' you'll find lots of discussion.

Short answer: Good luck. I just don't use the Amazon app at home.

Not really, they just keep adding more.

In example at first all you had to unblock was mads.amazon-adsystem.com

Now you need the others as well.

This is coming from an AVID amazon user, ive been tracking them as much as they track me :confused:

Adding more is changing! :D:D:D

Adding more is changing! :D:D:D
if they were CHANGING them, id go insane.

One day its mads.amazon-adsystem.com next day its mbds.amazon-adsystem.com
at that point id give up.

I can handle them adding more servers. I cant handle them changing the names >.<

I've pushed a Cinco de Mayo* Diversion update, no version change
- Removed obsolete swap file check code.
This code only came into effect on systems with a swap file name that differs from the standard myswap.swp file name. Thanks @cmkelley for reporting!

Use u to update Diversion

*) Cinco de Mayo, (Spanish: “Fifth of May”), also called Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla, holiday celebrated in parts of Mexico and the United States in honor of a military victory in 1862 over the French forces of Napoleon III.

I've pushed a Cinco de Mayo* Diversion update, no version change
- Removed obsolete swap file check code.
This code only came into effect on systems with a swap file name that differs from the standard myswap.swp file name. Thanks @cmkelley for reporting!

Use u to update Diversion

*) Cinco de Mayo, (Spanish: “Fifth of May”), also called Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla, holiday celebrated in parts of Mexico and the United States in honor of a military victory in 1862 over the French forces of Napoleon III.
Thank you very much for appeasing my ridiculousness. :D

I thought the day was to commemorate the sinking of a large shipment of mayonnaise to Mexico ... you know, "sinko de mayo". :D:D:D:D:D

I thought the day was to commemorate the sinking of a large shipment of mayonnaise to Mexico ... you know, "sinko de mayo". :D:D:D:D:D
A Swiss educating an American (presumably) on their history and customs? What a world we live in :D

A Swiss educating an American (presumably) on their history and customs? What a world we live in :D
I've lived in the Greater Los Angeles area my entire life, Cinco de Mayo is largely regarded as purely part of Mexican history, not U.S. history. Cinco de Mayo here is largely Mexican St. Patrick's day ... another excuse to drink and party to excess with little connection to the event being celebrated (c.f. New Year's Eve, American Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day, Memorial Day, and also Halloween, particularly if it falls on a Friday or Saturday).

Thanks for the diversion in da conversation. Fun fact: Americans drink more beer on CDM than on St Pats. :)

Thanks for the diversion in da conversation. Fun fact: Americans drink more beer on CDM than on St Pats. :)
Diversion fact: Of all the Diversion installations out there, 100% have Diversion on their routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!