What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Truer words could not have been spoken by Buckaroo Banzai.
Reminds me a great deal of the words of wisdom from Yogi Berra on baseball...

@thelonelycoder, back to the topic at hand, would you consider adding "codeload.github.com" to the permanent whitelist? It appears to now be on all the blocking lists. I'm gonna guess a lot of script installations are going to stop working pretty soon.

@thelonelycoder, back to the topic at hand, would you consider adding "codeload.github.com" to the permanent whitelist? It appears to now be on all the blocking lists. I'm gonna guess a lot of script installations are going to stop working pretty soon.
I was having a curl self-signed certificate error while attempting an upgrade, I wonder if this the culprit, I just couldn't pin it down in the dnsmasq.log..
Code:
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

I was having a curl self-signed certificate error while attempting an upgrade, I wonder if this the culprit, I just couldn't pin it down in the dnsmasq.log..
Code:
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
What I don't get is why my script so far seems to be the only one affected. Unless it's just because mine is so new and I'm pushing updates so often it just happened that way and would have eventually for the other scripts hosted on GitHub as well (note that diversion at least is not hosted on GitHub).

What's this domain doing? Accessing it directly redirects to the main GitHub page.
If I add it, then it goes into the hard coded whitelist, not the regular whitelist.

What's this domain doing? Accessing it directly redirects to the main GitHub page.
If I add it, then it goes into the hard coded whitelist, not the regular whitelist.
It's a redirect from raw.githubusercontent.com ... being blacklisted is causing curl to fail when it tries to get files from raw.githubusercontent.com.

Yeah, I know it goes into the hard coded whitelist, which may be a bit drastic, but if it starts causing all of the scripts to fail to update it'll cause a lot of user angst. When I manually whitelisted it found it on the standard and small lists.

Last edited:
It's a redirect from raw.githubusercontent.com ... being blacklisted is causing curl to fail when it tries to get files from raw.githubusercontent.com.

Yeah, I know it goes into the hard coded whitelist, which may be a bit drastic, but if it starts causing all of the scripts to fail to update it'll cause a lot of user angst.
Essential domains go into the hard coded list, this is one of them. It's added locally and will be in the next release version.

Man oh Man...Getting an adblock setup on unifi was NOT fun, SSH+SCP+hours of googling to find an up to date blocklist script, makes me miss my asus already(well, not really, unifi once its configured is amazing, but diversion is a brilliant piece of software... That I miss..)

Man oh Man...Getting an adblock setup on unifi was NOT fun, SSH+SCP+hours of googling to find an up to date blocklist script, makes me miss my asus already(well, not really, unifi once its configured is amazing, but diversion is a brilliant piece of software... That I miss..)
When uninstalling Diversion, it'll state: ✖ Sorry to see you go
There's nothing like Diversion out there for Asus routers, except the ones still using its predecessor AB-Solution. But even AB-Solution is far behind what Diversion now is.

When uninstalling Diversion, it'll state: ✖ Sorry to see you go
There's nothing like Diversion out there for Asus routers, except the ones still using its predecessor AB-Solution. But even AB-Solution is far behind what Diversion now is.

There really isnt anything else out there, its bloody intuitive. Everything Just Works.

If you ever decide to come over to Unifi someday, I'd be the first to sing your praises hahah

Either way, I plan on sticking around the wrtmerlin forum as I almost always end up with an asus router, or getting a mate on one running his firmware at some point or another.

There really isnt anything else out there, its bloody intuitive. Everything Just Works.

If you ever decide to come over to Unifi someday, I'd be the first to sing your praises hahah

Either way, I plan on sticking around the wrtmerlin forum as I almost always end up with an asus router, or getting a mate on one running his firmware at some point or another.
Since your hosted whitelist is born here and likely used by Diversion users, I ask to include the whitelisted domains for smallnetbuilder.com. I clearly state it when installing that these please remain in the whitelist to support this very forum and the accompanying website.
When using a hosted list, the existing list is replaced by it.

This is the list, best leave the comments in so it's clear why it's included:
Code:
aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ad2.netshelter.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
assets.omidoo.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
pagead2.googlesyndication.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
servedby.flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.assoc-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com

Since your hosted whitelist is born here and likely used by Diversion users, I ask to include the whitelisted domains for smallnetbuilder.com. I clearly state it when installing that these please remain in the whitelist to support this very forum and the accompanying website.
When using a hosted list, the existing list is replaced by it.

This is the list, best leave the comments in so it's clear why it's included:
Code:
aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ad2.netshelter.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
assets.omidoo.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
pagead2.googlesyndication.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
servedby.flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.assoc-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com

I'll add it as soon as I finish provisioning my static ips for my network

edit: https://github.com/PracticalChip/Adblocking/commit/4e32424c79cc7fe44cf836473a142ec76b6223ca

edit 2: https://github.com/PracticalChip/Adblocking/commit/80e18aedb16be0a18924227c76690d80b4a0ba8a added explanation of additions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the diversion in da conversation. Fun fact: Americans drink more beer on CDM than on St Pats. :)
I have to say I drink about the same both days.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!