What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Discussion about illegal forks is not permitted here but this is a pure Diversion issue.
So if someone has any ideas, please pipe in and let @David Hermansson know how to fix it.
In that case, I recommend he use the follow the log file option to view blocked domains for FB. Then use the “el” option to white list.

Another resource Of commonly white listed domains can be found on pi hole discourse.

Hi
New to the forum and I hope this is the right place for questions concerning Diversion.

I have tried searching the forum but seem to be out off luck. If this question has been posted and replayed to earlier pleas point me in the right direction.

I seem to be having problem running some sites while Diversion is active.
For example on some sites some JavaScript doesn't work.
The strange thing is that I don't see anything blocked in the log.
The sites work fine if I disable Diversion.

I'm having trouble with Facebook on the mobile. And I cant click the links on to the products on this site https://www.jula.se/

Could anyone shed some light on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Im running
NETGEAR R7000 (384.9) with Xwrt-Vortex, Asuswrt-Merlin
Diversion 4.1.1
pixelserv-tls enable
block list medium
It happens on few sites. Just get away with it or pause diversion while using Facebook.

Hi
New to the forum and I hope this is the right place for questions concerning Diversion.

I have tried searching the forum but seem to be out off luck. If this question has been posted and replayed to earlier pleas point me in the right direction.

I seem to be having problem running some sites while Diversion is active.
For example on some sites some JavaScript doesn't work.
The strange thing is that I don't see anything blocked in the log.
The sites work fine if I disable Diversion.

I'm having trouble with Facebook on the mobile. And I cant click the links on to the products on this site https://www.jula.se/

Could anyone shed some light on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Im running
NETGEAR R7000 (384.9) with Xwrt-Vortex, Asuswrt-Merlin
Diversion 4.1.1
pixelserv-tls enable
block list medium
Here’s a link to a description of how to whitelist
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-69#post-446586

Thanks for the follow up, guys.

In that case, I recommend he use the follow the log file option to view blocked domains for FB. Then use the “el” option to white list.

Another resource Of commonly white listed domains can be found on pi hole discourse.

@Xentrk Looks interesting. I'll try whitelisting some of the domains and see if any of them solves my problem. The strange thing is that I have followed the log whilst surfing these sites to see if anything was blocked using the "f 2" command. Nothing shows up. The scripts must have been bricked somehow. I cant recall having these problems earlier, and I have been using Diversion since it was called AB-solution ;)
Unfortunately I can't recall when it started happening ether. I have reinstalled Diversion on a newly formatted stick using "amtm". To see if that solved my problems, but I was out of luck.

It happens on few sites. Just get away with it or pause diversion while using Facebook.

@rk8531 Maybe that's the case but it's still strange cause the main domain is not blocked and the scripts are located on the main domain.

@martinr Thank you for the link :)

Last edited:
Here is a whitelist from an official Facebook source.

Code:
*.facebook.com 80/443
*.fbcdn.net 80/443
*.fb.me 80/443
*.fbsbx.com 80/443
*.workplace.com 80/443

Here is a whitelist from an official Facebook source.

Code:
*.facebook.com 80/443
*.fbcdn.net 80/443
*.fb.me 80/443
*.fbsbx.com 80/443
*.workplace.com 80/443
That would go into the wildcard blacklist, without the stars, eg:
Code:
.fbcdn.net

When I added these lines into the wc_blacklist I could not even enter the page.

Found this to be in the blocklist. I'll just whitelist it for now and see if that solves my Facebook problem.
fb.me
was found in the following list(s):​

adblock.mahakala.is​

Thanks for the help guys. I'll dig deeper and see if I can figure out what's wrong with the other sites as well. If I find anything interesting I'll let you know.

Update!
I think i found out why some scripts on some sites where blocked. It was because of "google-analytics.com". They want to track my moves on there site so they had implanted it in there javascripts. This bricked the script even if I did not get any notifications that "google-analytics.com" was blocked when i pushed the links. So I guess it come down to if I want to be tracked or not.

Last edited:
I was talking about the Wildcard blacklist as refereed to by thelonelycoder in earlier post.
Yes, the blacklists block, not whitelist. There's no wildcard whitelist so you'd have to (f)ollow the dnsmasq log to find out what domains to whitelist. Search this thread for "facebook" and "app" to find what worked for others. You could also try to use a smaller blocking list to see if it works then. The Standard blocking list is more conservative than the Medium.

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing high CPU% from pixelserv-tls. Recently it has been stuck between 80-95% on htop.
PzOdrDK.png

Before I uninstalled and reinstalled Diversion, it was at ~95%.

I have restarted the router multiple times. As well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Diversion 4.1.1. At first that seemed to have resolved the issue - but after 20-30 minutes I noticed that it was high again. CPU temp according to the GUI is 76C - so that can't be very good if it continues.

I'm running 384.11_2 with Diversion, Skynet, YazFi, conmon and uiDivStats. The scripts were installed from amtm after following L&LD's M&M config.

Any suggestions as to what may be going on? Anything I can try to get the behavior of this process back to where it should be?

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing high CPU% from pixelserv-tls. Recently it has been stuck between 80-95% on htop.
PzOdrDK.png

I have restarted the router multiple times. As well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Diversion 4.1.1. At first that seemed to have resolved the issue - but after 20-30 minutes I noticed that it was high again. CPU temp according to the GUI is 76C - so that can't be very good if it continues.

I'm running 384.11_2 with Diversion, Skynet, YazFi, conmon and uiDivStats. The scripts were installed from amtm after following L&LD's M&M config.

Any suggestions as to what may be going on? Anything I can try to get the behavior of this process back to where it should be?
Crazy traffic? Check with f if some rogue requests are made from a device.
The pixelserv stats page might also show reasons when understood.

PzOdrDK.png

whitelist graph.instagram.com
This host is known for bombarding pixelserv-tls with slu errors.

I've got Diversion and Skynet set up on my AC68U running the latest version of John's fork. I am getting ads in Firefox that uBlock Origin will catch. What am I doing wrong, Screen shots of my settings as well as ad examples that I get on igHome.com below:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    110.2 KB · Views: 476
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 485
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    336 KB · Views: 500
I've got Diversion and Skynet set up on my AC68U running the latest version of John's fork. I am getting ads in Firefox that uBlock Origin will catch. What am I doing wrong, Screen shots of my settings as well as ad examples that I get on igHome.com below:
What are your IPv6 settings? Does Diversion block that traffic? You'd see it to the right of the router IP in Diversion.

What are your IPv6 settings? Does Diversion block that traffic? You'd see it to the right of the router IP in Diversion.
Looks like that may be the issue. What is the fix?

Edit: Well not sure what the screen shot is telling me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 511
whitelist graph.instagram.com
This host is known for bombarding pixelserv-tls with slu errors.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that - and there were a lot of SLU errors - but CPU is still high after processing the lists.
xoXLKPB.png

2Iwk6CD.png

If I disable Diversion, CPU goes to 3-5%. When I re-enable it, it stays low for some period of time - and then "something" happens and it goes high. Still trying to figure out what the "something" is.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that - and there were a lot of SLU errors - but CPU is still high after processing the lists.
xoXLKPB.png

2Iwk6CD.png

If I disable Diversion, CPU goes to 3-5%. When I re-enable it, it stays low for some period of time - and then "something" happens and it goes high. Still trying to figure out what the "something" is.

Change pixelserv-tls to log level 2 or above and check the syslog for all the slu related errors.

You have ‘IPv6’ to the right of your router IP, so that’s not your issue....
Gotcha. Initially I thought maybe an ipv6 address was supposed to follow that. Hence the confusion. Thanks.

Edit: For the record here is what uBlock id catching.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!