What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone know how to fix the diversion ash history from hogging the cpu cpu cycles? I searched and found nothing that helps.,

Does anyone know how to fix the diversion ash history from hogging the cpu cpu cycles? I searched and found nothing that helps.,

Reset or disable the ASH history through Diversion.

Are you on the latest version 4.1.1?

Feature request: the ability to start diversion in the expanded options menu. I pretty much reflexively hit 'o' as soon as Diversion loads. :)

No biggie of course, just a nice-to-have.
A default view option? Should be easy to add in the d menu.

Side note
My project "A better diversion.ch website and simpler to maintain for the author (that's me)" is coming along nicely but requires more time than I thought. Updates for my coding projects will resume as of now on diversion.ch, like the newly released feature packed amtm 2.4.

I also have this issue (also on version 4.1.1) even with diversion shell history disabled , happened to me after flashing firmware . Had to kill the process ...

Dead SD Card w/Diversion - Feature Request: I know JFFS space is limited (space/writes), but it would save many headaches if diversion had a option to backup it's configuration (minimum of BL/WL) at X frequency to the JFFS partition. If this feature already exists, my apologies.

Dead SD Card w/Diversion - Feature Request: I know JFFS space is limited (space/writes), but it would save many headaches if diversion had a option to backup it's configuration (minimum of BL/WL) at X frequency to the JFFS partition. If this feature already exists, my apologies.

Well instead of that just use Diversion's bultin backup function to backup all your important Diversion settings and lists to your email. You can even setup auto backup.

Well instead of that just use Diversion's bultin backup function to backup all your important Diversion settings and lists to your email. You can even setup auto backup.

Thanks for the suggestion. I prefer to keep local if possible without having to provide email credentials. If this is the only option however, it may something I have to consider.

That's exactly what I'm working on.

Just a suggestion: We can mitigate some of the USB/Flash/Stick failure by using any good SSD connected via good USB. The SSD NAND is designed to handle a lot more writes than any USB stick NAND. These smaller drives have gotten so inexpensive now that seems like a fair trade off to reliability. I did that with a UGREEN USB to SATA SSD case and an 80GB older SSD I had in my spare parts box. It's been working great! I also posted some figures over in the benchmarking tread and it pretty much whipped up on almost everything else posted. I chose the UGREEN b/c of the controller they used. YMMV.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion: We can mitigate some of the USB/Flash/Stick failure by using any good SSD connected via good USB. The SSD NAND is designed to handle a lot more writes than any USB stick NAND. These smaller drives have gotten so inexpensive now that seems like a fair trade off to reliability. I did that with a UGREEN USB to SATA SSD case and an 80GB older SSD I had in my spare parts box. It's been working great! I also posted some figures over in the benchmarking tread and it pretty much wipped up on almost everything else posted. I chose the UGREEN b/c of the controller they used. YMMV.
And you can run your USB 3.0 as 3.0 because it doesn't interfere with 2.4 GHz. :)

I'm trying to install Diversion on ASUS RT-AC68U. Plugged .ext3 formatted drive in router. Installed latest stable Merlin. Set SSH port 22 in router admin. Using PuTTY to connect to router, after I paste the install string, the response is -sh: curl: not found

Attachments

• DV.png
    DV.png
    13 KB · Views: 385
  • DV2.png
    DV2.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 437
I'm trying to install Diversion on ASUS RT-AC68U. Plugged .ext3 formatted drive in router. Installed latest stable Merlin. Set SSH port 22 in router admin. Using PuTTY to connect to router, after I paste the install string, the response is -sh: curl: not found

Did you enable JFFS custom scripts and configs on the same page?

Those screenshots don’t look like the latest Merlin version, since Telnet is shown as an option. What specific version are you running?

And you can run your USB 3.0 as 3.0 because it doesn't interfere with 2.4 GHz. :)

Depending on the router, USB cable, and the actual SSD drive used. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!