What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Line: 12042/26521 (using WinSCP's editor)
Code:
192.168.1.2 secre2018.000webhostapp.com secrecy4u.com secret-gk.info secret-hotes.blogspot.com secret-pos.blogspot.com secret.hiveon.net secret.whoami.la secret.xn--oogle-wmc.com secret.É¢oogle.com secretariaextension.unt.edu.ar secretaryhire.com secretbeta.bitcoin.com secretchatbyfb.tk secretcircle.co.za secretdroid.xyz secretenhancers.com secretgoldguide.com secrethotgames.com secretivecub.com secretlanguage.co

i assume the .co (instead of .com) domain is the problem?

here are all the unique lines that generated "bad" blockinglist errors since my last reboot;

Code:
Jun 16 05:39:28 dnsmasq[7425]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 2241
Jun 16 05:39:29 dnsmasq[7425]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 12027
Jun 16 05:39:31 dnsmasq[7425]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 19726

Jun 19 12:33:43 dnsmasq[1105]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 12026
Jun 19 12:33:49 dnsmasq[1105]: bad address at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 26499

Jun 20 03:01:21 dnsmasq[19802]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 2243
Jun 20 03:01:23 dnsmasq[19802]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 12042
Jun 20 03:01:25 dnsmasq[19802]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 19746
What blocking lists are you using? Seems to have some junk with special characters (e.g. secret.É¢oogle.com).

Code:
 Your current type is Small+

1. Small
    someonewhocares.org, pgl.yoyo.org,
    github.com/hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list,
    zerodot1.gitlab.io/CoinBlockerLists/hosts.
    Restricted blocking of Ads. If unsure, start here.
    Filesize: ~840 KB, ~28'100 blocked hosts.

instead of changing lists
(medium blocks too many retail referrers i need)
i ran the "Update blocking list now" (ny/us time)
and will report in a few days if i keep seeing "bad".

Code:
Jun 20 08:20:28 Diversion: updated Small+ blocking list from 9 hosts files, 530410 domains are now blocked, from /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bf.div
Jun 20 08:20:31 dnsmasq[26363]: bad name at /opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist line 12042

Last edited:
Per this post by @thelonelycoder , dnsmasq skips over those domains and nothing to worry about.

I just checked my logs and don't see the message any longer.

I experienced something similar when transferring an asp web page between my desktop and the router using an SFTP client. I uncheck the ASCII box in the Advanced Settings section and that fixed the issue - no more special characters.

Do a force update on Diversion and see if that fixes the issue.

would simply uninstalling skynet and diversion
then reinstalling them - just fix the blockinglist?
i only have a few whitelist entries to type back in.
Just ignore it, it's a non ASCII domain that Dnsmasq skips over.

Hi there,

I've just started using Diversion and it's pretty freaking awesome...

I'm just having an issue with the whitelist, I keep hitting an adwall on www.secondnexus.com. I really don't mind whitelisting the site and I have added secondnexus.com to the whitelist, but it's still blocking me

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've just started using Diversion and it's pretty freaking awesome...

I'm just having an issue with the whitelist, I keep hitting an adwall on www.secondnexus.com. I really don't mind whitelisting the site and I have added secondnexus.com to the whitelist, but it's still blocking me
Diversion blocks by explicit domain. secondnexus.com is not blocked or else the site would not open at all. The site rightly detects an adblocker present at your end.
Try adding www.googletagmanager.com to the whitelist. Be aware that www and non-www domain names are treated separately in Diversion.

Diversion 4.1.2 is now available

What's new in Diversion 4.1.2
- Moved ash history function out of main file into ash-history.div
- Added setting to remember last UI options view state ( o ) in d

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 release changes:
- Added new website domains to firmware update notification script
- Added asuswrt-merlin.net, fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net and sourceforge.net to hard coded whitelist

How to update to Diversion 4.1.2
Use u or d and select Update.

HbPPwK1.png

Could someone please help.

My ad-blocking hasn't been working ever since I moved to Diversion. It was working fine when it was ab-solution. The only way to now block ads is by using Windows HOST file which was from http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm.

For example, visiting this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-phronesis-mm-rom-v1-0-feature-rich-t3463244 will display ads when using Diversion but ads are blocked when using Windows HOST file. Same with this site for testing ad blocking: https://ads-blocker.com/testing/

I have tried reinstalling Diversion but still same result, no ad blocking. My hostlist is standard and I even enabled standard plus but still doesn't block ads. I also tried Large blocking list but still the same result

My DNS server is my router IP address, I haven't made any changes from the stardard Asus Merin installation on my RT-AC86U with 384.2 firmware

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Could someone please help.

My ad-blocking hasn't been working ever since I moved to Diversion. It was working fine when it was ab-solution. The only way to now block ads is by using Windows HOST file which was from http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm.

For example, visiting this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-phronesis-mm-rom-v1-0-feature-rich-t3463244 will display ads when using Diversion but ads are blocked when using Windows HOST file. Same with this site for testing ad blocking: https://ads-blocker.com/testing/

I have tried reinstalling Diversion but still same result, no ad blocking. My hostlist is standard and I even enabled standard plus but still doesn't block ads. I also tried Large blocking list but still the same result

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Cheers
99% sure this helps: https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/diversion-is-installed-and-i-still-see-ads.html

I have checked the FAQ for a possible solution and I saw this but unfortunately, it didn't help because I haven't made any changes to the standard Merlin installation. I even have tried resetting the router to default settings and reinstall Diversion to rule out any issue with router settings.
Read that again, it's not the router setting but your devices/apps that likely are your problem

Read that again, it's not the router setting but your devices/apps that likely are your problem

Thanks for your reply.

All my devices are set to DHCP and obtains settings from the router. For example, one of the laptop shows this configuration:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 7A-76-85-28-23-11
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::990:1ab6:eaf0:628a%17(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 20 June 2019 18:25:29
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 24 June 2019 06:23:52
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 142374453
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-24-91-A2-9C-54-EE-75-FD-4A-2F
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I will dig deeper and report back if I find the reason for the ads not being blocked since it appears I'm the only one with this problem.

Many thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

All my devices are set to DHCP and obtains settings from the router. For example, one of the laptop shows this configuration:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 7A-76-85-28-23-11
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::990:1ab6:eaf0:628a%17(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 20 June 2019 18:25:29
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 24 June 2019 06:23:52
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 142374453
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-24-91-A2-9C-54-EE-75-FD-4A-2F
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I will dig deeper and report back if I find the reason for the ads not being blocked since it appears I'm the only one with this problem.

Many thanks.
Is IPv6 enabled on the router? If not, disable the IPv6 protocol for the network adapter on the device.

Is IPv6 enabled on the router? If not, disable the IPv6 protocol for the network adapter on the device.
Can you please explain or point me for why you said that? ^^^

To narrow it down to whether it's a browser or router problem, try looking up a domain which should be blocked.

Windows Key + R, cmd, nslookup ads.cc
Should give something like:
Code:
C:\Users\Whoever>nslookup ads.cc
Server:  router.asus.com
Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    ads.cc
Addresses:  ::
If it does, your browser is most likely interfering

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!