What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What I like to do is remove unnecessary filters in uBlock which makes it faster. One big plus for uBlock is removing video ads which you can't do with uBlock. Also what I try now is using uBlock on specific websites like news website which have video ads and youtube

What I like to do is remove unnecessary filters in uBlock which makes it faster. One big plus for uBlock is removing video ads which you can't do with uBlock. Also what I try now is using uBlock on specific websites like news website which have video ads and youtube
Yeah, I use just the default blocklists in uBlock Origin. Does the trick for me, especially with Diversion hanging out waiting to dump some dirty domains!

Hi! First of all thank you for Diversion!
I have a website with news digi24.ro where the video news are posted on some of the pages. Everything is ok with the website except all the videos that are blocked, even the live stream. They are using something like jwplayer for the videos.
What I did is to add to whitelist the website and the website of the source, but the videos are still blocked.
With Diversion disabled everything works.

Hi! First of all thank you for Diversion!
I have a website with news digi24.ro where the video news are posted on some of the pages. Everything is ok with the website except all the videos that are blocked, even the live stream. They are using something like jwplayer for the videos.
What I did is to add to whitelist the website and the website of the source, but the videos are still blocked.
With Diversion disabled everything works.

follow dnsmasq.log (f) > Filtered by blocked domains (3) > launch your site and browse around and see if the videos are hosted from domains different than the actual website domain.

scdn.cxense.com seems to be blacklisted for me and is likely the cause of your woes.

Did you know that some browser add-ons for Chrome and Firefox collect all of your browsing data. Even links to personal documents on your One-Drive and other cloud based storage account that might contain your stored tax returns, medical info, car license etc. Especially the second story is interesting because it goes into detail about how they grab your info.
See this recent ars-technica article for more information:
https://arstechnica.com/information...e-tesla-blue-origin-and-4m-people/?comments=1

And more on this on how extensions hide their data grabs:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/07/dataspii-technical-deep-dive

When I checked the Diversion and Skydrive none of the mentioned links in the second story where in the blocking list. Which means none of these host list providers have recognized any of these sites spying on you.

Did you know that some browser add-ons for Chrome and Firefox collect all of your browsing data. Even links to personal documents on your One-Drive and other cloud based storage account that might contain your stored tax returns, medical info, car license etc. Especially the second story is interesting because it goes into detail about how they grab your info.
See this recent ars-technica article for more information:
https://arstechnica.com/information...e-tesla-blue-origin-and-4m-people/?comments=1

And more on this on how extensions hide their data grabs:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/07/dataspii-technical-deep-dive

When I checked the Diversion and Skydrive none of the mentioned links in the second story where in the blocking list. Which means none of these host list providers have recognized any of these sites spying on you.
Some add-ons one should avoid. This is particularly true for Chrome and less so for Firefox. The linked SaveFrom.net Helper Firefox extension has already been removed from the add-on list:
If you’ve followed a link from another site for an extension or theme, that item is no longer available. This could be because:
  • The developer removed it. Developers commonly do this because they no longer support the extension or theme, or have replaced it.
  • Mozilla removed it. This can happen when issues are found during the review of the extension or theme, or the extension or theme has been abusing the terms and conditions for addons.mozilla.org. The developer has the opportunity to resolve the issues and make the add-on available again.
These domains will be picked up by specific hosts files maintainers eventually if there is a general risk. The Coin blocker lists for example are included in every pre-set blocking list I built into Diversion. Your are free to add your own hosts file(s) to block such unwanted activity or add the domains to the blacklist.

EDIT: SOLVED. Looking at the code, I could see where the cru entries for local backup should have had the "local" parameter added. So I used the "change LocalBackup frequency" (menu d,8,1,2) to change to monthly, then back to weekly, causing Diversion to recreate the crontab entry. Checking the new entry, it now has the "local" parameter as it should. I'm confused as to how the entry previously got created without that, as the code clearly includes the "local" parameter when generating the crontab entry.... But in any case, I think it is fixed now!

Original message....
I am using Diversion 4.1.3, and am having trouble with the "local backup" option.

I initially ran the "manual" local backup (menu option d,8,2). That worked, and created the tar.gz file in jffs.

Then I turned on both the automatic "local" backup (menu d,8,1) AND automatic backup to email (menu c,3,1).

This morning I got (2) backups to email (one at 1AM and another at 3AM). The local backup (tar.gz file) was not updated. So it looks as if the "local" scheduled backup actually just sent another email backup.

The two relevant cru entries Diversion added are identical except for hour and name:
50 1 * * Sat sh /opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div #Diversion_AutoBackup#
10 3 * * Sat sh /opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div #Diversion_LocalBackup#

Is this a bug, or did I set something up wrong?

Last edited:
This morning I got (2) backups to email (one at 1AM and another at 3AM). The local backup (tar.gz file) was not updated. So it looks as if the "local" scheduled backup actually just sent another email backup.

The two relevant cru entries Diversion added are identical except for hour and name:
50 1 * * Sat sh /opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div #Diversion_AutoBackup#
10 3 * * Sat sh /opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div #Diversion_LocalBackup#
That's an error, thanks for reporting. Update is pushed.

I just pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- Fixed missing "local" positional parameter for scheduled local backup in d when cron job is added while (re)starting Dnsmasq.

Use u to update and fix the cron entry.

I just pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- Fixed missing "local" positional parameter for scheduled local backup in d when cron job is added while (re)starting Dnsmasq.

Use u to update and fix the cron entry.

Any chance to add Diversion update to the Shortcuts app too?[emoji120]

Thank you for considering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance to add Diversion update to the Shortcuts app too?
No, too risky as one can't see the whole update process and the end result.

Today this happened to me as well, and last week too. But I just installed the update so it should be fixed.
There are several typos in your second sentence. I corrected it four you: But I just installed the update, that fixed it.
:D:D

There are several typos in your second sentence. I corrected it four you: But I just installed the update, that fixed it.
:D:D
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht yuo cna uesdnatnrd waht yuo wree rdanieg.

And yuo awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! But yuo can sitll raed tihs whotuit a pboerlm. :D:D

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht yuo cna uesdnatnrd waht yuo wree rdanieg.

And yuo awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! But yuo can sitll raed tihs whotuit a pboerlm. :D:D

English, please! :D:D:D:D:D

English, please! :D:D:D:D:D

:confused:

English - detected!

English - detected - Copy.png

OT: It is important that the first and last letter in each word is correct, you may only mix up letters inside to remain easy readable!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!