What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try turning off router for 30sec and see if it starts correctly
If not try reinstall Diversion and upgrade pixelserv-tls again

unfortunately none of that works it still won't start.

Gonna send kvic a PM he may know of a solution.

Last edited:
unfortunately none of that works it still won't start.

Gonna said kvic a PM he may know of a solution.

I have this problem for the last few days, I have tried everything except replacing the USB thumb drive.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It worked after re-installed Diversion 5 minutes ago.

I have this problem for the last few days, I have tried everything except replacing the USB thumb drive.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It worked after re-installed Diversion 5 minutes ago.

I think I've formatted the USB drive maybe twice in the last 2 years since I started using the scripts. So this maybe the next step but I will tackle it tomorrow morning when I get up.

Every time white/blacklist is processed this problem occurs, i must hit apply under lan, and often restart pixelserv tls manually; pool ip starting address goes back to 192.168.50.2, so i must update that each time i hit "apply lan".

All that was logged was the updated lists, then the restart_dnsmasq cycle begins.
it does this each time it updates the lists automatically.

https://pastebin.com/mQN8N2QU

Ok results are inconsistent, i rebooted, everything was mostly fine this time, except for err_ ssl_interference logging into router. which usually means pixelserv is not running. maybe i jumped on before pixelserv loaded, but logs suggest it loaded fine. This time I had no dnsmasq cycles; then updated black/white lists, and i saw no cycles. did it again and saw only two cycles. will update here later if i see it again.

That's correct. You can do it with a PC or a Mac, but you can also do it directly on the router, to make sure you don't have any compatibility issues. Login to your router with SSH and execute

Code:
fdisk -l

the output should look somewhat similar to this:

Code:
marco@router:/tmp/home/root# fdisk -l

(..)

Disk /dev/sda: 30.7 GB, 30752636928 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3738 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1        3738    30025453+ 83 Linux

At the bottom of the output you'll see, if you only have one USB drive connected, /dev/sda. If you have multiple USB drives connected, determine the correct one based on its size.

The following steps will wipe your entire USB drive. In other words, backup if nescessairy before proceeding.

To create a compatible partition, execute

Code:
mke2fs -t <filysystem> -L <insert label here> /dev/sdaX

so for example, assuming your USB drive is /dev/sda and it has only 1 partition, listed as /dev/sda1

Code:
mke2fs -t ext4 -L RT-AC68U /dev/sda1

will create 1 partition on /dev/sda (which replaces /dev/sda1), with an ext4 filesystem and will label the partition 'RT-AC68U' (without the quotes). The label is mandatory (for use on your router), but you choose anything you like. You can choose between ext2, ext3 and ext4 as filesystem. More info about the differences can be found through the search function, but with ext4 you should be fine.

When it's finished, reboot the router or physically remove the usb drive, wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in. You're all set now.

Hi,

I plugged the 32GB USB drive into the ASUS RT-AC86U and below are the results.

Code:
admin@RT-AC86U-1960:/tmp/home/root# mke2fs -t ext4 -L RT-AC68U /dev/sda1
mke2fs 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
/dev/sda1 contains a hfsplus file system labelled 'USB32'
Proceed anyway? (y,n) y
/dev/sda1 is mounted; will not make a filesystem here!

What would you advise I do now?

Thanks for your help.

What would you advise I do now?

Unmount the partition using
Code:
umount /dev/sda1

or unmount the drive using the WebUI (click the icon and choose 'Safely remove disk: REMOVE' at the left side).

Then you can proceed.

Edit: Edited original post to include unmount instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
umount /dev/sda1

or unmount the drive using the WebUI (click the icon and choose 'Safely remove disk: REMOVE' at the left side).

Then you can proceed.

I see, thank you very much.

Code:
umount /dev/sda1

Then you can proceed.

Edit: Edited original post to include unmount instructions.

Done. Too easy, the install that thelonelycoder created is great.

Code:
Diversion 4.0.1               by thelonelycoder

RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.6 @ 192.168.1.1

59,257  blocked domains  1  hosts file(s) in use
 (no ads counted yet, stats not available)

d   Diversion Standard   enabled
 c   communication        DivUn stats backup FWun

a   ad-blocking          to IP 192.168.1.2
 l   logging              /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log

ep  pixelserv-tls        192.168.1.2 v2.1.2

b   blocking file        Standard Sun @ 2:00
 el  edit lists

f   follow dnsmasq.log

e   exit Diversion                 more options  o

Edit: No Ads!! Fantastic.

Last edited:
Just an update I formatted the USB key and reinstalled everything and now i'm back up and running.

I do have a side question I still see this now. If I remember correctly a Fresh install should have whitelisted the correct sites for this banner not to show up.

Is there anything additional that I need to add?

Last edited:
Just an update I formatted the USB key and reinstalled everything and now i'm back up and running.

I do have a side question I still see this now. If I remember correctly a Fresh install should have whitelisted the correct sites for this banner not to show up.

If there anything additional that I need to add?

I have the same issue (I've disabled all Ad Blocking/Script Blocking extensions in Firefox).

IxYyFi8.png

If there anything additional that I need to add?
I have the same issue (I've disabled all Ad Blocking/Script Blocking extensions in Firefox).

Same here. When disabling 'Do Not Track' in Firefox and tailing dnsmasq.log, I see several red ad-related queries scrolling by when reloading snbforums. Meaning there are apparently some (or several?) missing on the whitelist. I imagine it might be hard to keep the whitelist to support snbforums.com up to date, but this is kinda annoying. I'd really like to show my support, but I'm not really eager to find out periodically which domains have to be added to the whitelist, especially not when it means ads from a growing amount of domains are showing up elsewhere as well...

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that could be enabled/disabled per site, but it indeed solves the adblock detection pop-over. Not sure what I hate more, ads or trackers. Thanks for sharing though.

Same here, I had no idea, after all this time I've been using Firefox, that the tracking could be disabled per site. It was my understanding that it was a global setting. Good to know.

Interesting to know, however, I'm on my iPhone X right now using Safari and don't have the same issue.

I wasn't aware that could be enabled/disabled per site, but it indeed solves the adblock detection pop-over. Not sure what I hate more, ads or trackers. Thanks for sharing though.

What other things can I istall with entware now installed? And what is Skynet?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!