What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, I'm stuck where I'm at, flight has been cancelled, was scheduled to leave next Monday. Could be a while until rebooking or cancelling and booking a new flight is possible. My airline Swiss has flexible options but things look gloomy ATM.

Well, I'm stuck where I'm at, flight has been cancelled, was scheduled to leave next Monday. Could be a while until rebooking or cancelling and booking a new flight is possible. My airline Swiss has flexible options but things look gloomy ATM.

where are ya?

@thelonelycoder I hope you find safe passage back home soon. We're all rooting for you here! :)

Hi,
I am new here and tried to read most of the posts but I didn't find anything related to what I am about to ask, sorry if I had overlooked it somewhere
It seems that Diversion doesn't work with openvpn client if Accept DNS Configuration is set to Exclusive or Relaxed but it works when I put it into Disabled. Is there a way to make it work on Exclusive?
I have unbound installed configured with DoT but I still want to use Exclusive option on my OpenVPN and having DNS over DoT as a backup option in case VPN DNS fails to do its jobs

Hi,
I am new here and tried to read most of the posts but I didn't find anything related to what I am about to ask, sorry if I had overlooked it somewhere
It seems that Diversion doesn't work with openvpn client if Accept DNS Configuration is set to Exclusive or Relaxed but it works when I put it into Disabled. Is there a way to make it work on Exclusive?
I have unbound installed configured with DoT but I still want to use Exclusive option on my OpenVPN and having DNS over DoT as a backup option in case VPN DNS fails to do its jobs
I think what you want is impossible. :)
VPN DNS set to Exclusive forces all routing to the VPN DNS

Read this, scroll down to "DNS Behavior"
https://x3mtek.com/policy-rule-routing-on-asuswrt-merlin-firmware/

Does anybody know how to get Diversion working on devices connected to my AC86u through the IPsec VPN server running on my AC86u?

The settings page on "VPN Server - IPSec VPN" in the GUI doesn't offer a lot of settings. I can fill in DNS server 1 and 2, will it work if I fill in the router IP-address there?

Thanks for asking. I booked with Air Canada via Toronto to Zurich. And: It‘s (been) raining in Las Vegas. Never seen the Mojave Desert so green. Love it.

Is Air Canada still flying into CH? Be safe and stay healthy.....
They have no travel restrictions as of yet, so I should be fine.

I said to my superior that it'll probably be a different place when and if I return. It was meant more as a joke three weeks ago. Now reality is that Switzerland and much of Europe is on lock down, schools closed, all gatherings of 50 or more people are explicitly forbidden. My workplace has the order to no longer shake hands, no in-person meetings/breaks and to keep a distance of at least two meters to any other person.
It'll be hard to adjust when I return to work on the 23rd. Our office is a close knit and chatty place with a sociable dog.

America has been unaware and sheltered from the virus so far, or at least it's president thought so.
And so it felt for the last couple of weeks here in the southwestern deserts. But here in Vegas things look more gloomy. This morning the situation reminded me of Stephen King's The Stand. Never in modern history have we come closer to that scenario then we are now.

Stay safe and "bleib übrig" (a Germans saying during WW2, meaning stay alive, survive, be around after (the war is over)).

I said to my superior that it'll probably be a different place when and if I return. It was meant more as a joke three weeks ago. Now reality is that Switzerland and much of Europe is on lock down, schools closed, all gatherings of 50 or more people are explicitly forbidden. My workplace has the order to no longer shake hands, no in-person meetings/breaks and to keep a distance of at least two meters to any other person.
It'll be hard to adjust when I return to work on the 23rd. Our office is a close knit and chatty place with a sociable dog.

America has been unaware and sheltered from the virus so far, or at least it's president thought so.
And so it felt for the last couple of weeks here in the southwestern deserts. But here in Vegas things look more gloomy. This morning the situation reminded me of Stephen King's The Stand. Never in modern history have we come closer to that scenario then we are now.

Stay safe and "bleib übrig" (a Germans saying during WW2, meaning stay alive, survive, be around after (the war is over)).
Thank you, Martin. Your epistles are always a delight to read; it’s a pity their frequency is measured in years.

Somehow Diversion has missed sending me router backup files and stats a few times lately.

First time that happened when I had them scheduled Sun @ 1:00 (I have had this schedule going on for ages). But I didn't get the backups or stats for example last sunday.

Then I changed the schedule to Thu, Sun @ 1:00. I got the reports last thursday just fine, but just noticed that I have missed the sunday reports again. Sending the test mail (c, 5, 11) and manual backup (c, 3, 2, 3 ) works just fine.

This is not a big problem, but I just wonder what is the reason for these random hiccups.

Somehow Diversion has missed sending me router backup files and stats a few times lately.

First time that happened when I had them scheduled Sun @ 1:00 (I have had this schedule going on for ages). But I didn't get the backups or stats for example last sunday.

Then I changed the schedule to Thu, Sun @ 1:00. I got the reports last thursday just fine, but just noticed that I have missed the sunday reports again. Sending the test mail (c, 5, 11) and manual backup (c, 3, 2, 3 ) works just fine.

This is not a big problem, but I just wonder what is the reason for these random hiccups.
Check the log in sf.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!