What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If option 4 enables log-extra, I assume it disables log-extra when you exit the option since everytime I use option 4 it restarts dnsmasq. Is that about a correct statement?
I can’t be certain since I run Diversion with log-queries=extra enabled all the time. So I never see it restart.

How can I suppress/hide the message on the right side, without using any browser addon? (eg. uBlock origin)
It says "Error: Secure connection failed. An error occurred while connecting to rcdn01.adnxs.com."
I use Large+ blocking list and pixelserv-tls.

Edit:
Why is this screenshot I've uploaded getting so small?
www.bild.de is the website in question.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    276.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
If option 4 enables log-extra, I assume it disables log-extra when you exit the option since everytime I use option 4 it restarts dnsmasq. Is that about a correct statement?
That is correct.

How can I suppress/hide the message on the right side, without using any browser addon? (eg. uBlock origin)
It says "Error: Secure connection failed. An error occurred while connecting to rcdn01.adnxs.com."
I use Large+ blocking list and pixelserv-tls.

Edit:
Why is this screenshot I've uploaded getting so small?
www.bild.de is the website in question.
Reload the page, the message will disappear. That is if the pixelserv certificate was imported into the browser.

@thelonelycoder
I reloaded the page several time, same issue.
Here is the whole message:
Fehler: Gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen

Beim Verbinden mit crcdn01.adnxs.com trat ein Fehler auf. Sie versuchen ein Zertifikat mit gleichem Aussteller/Seriennummer wie ein existierendes Zertifikat zu importieren, aber es ist nicht dasselbe Zertifikat.

Fehlercode: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL
I never created or imported a certificate.
I thought installing Diversion and activating pixelserv-tls was all I had to do.

@thelonelycoder
I reloaded the page several time, same issue.
Here is the whole message:
Fehler: Gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen

Beim Verbinden mit crcdn01.adnxs.com trat ein Fehler auf. Sie versuchen ein Zertifikat mit gleichem Aussteller/Seriennummer wie ein existierendes Zertifikat zu importieren, aber es ist nicht dasselbe Zertifikat.

Fehlercode: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL
I never created or imported a certificate.
I thought installing Diversion and activating pixelserv-tls was all I had to do.
You have been using Diversion long enough to know that when pixelserv-tls is in use, the certificate needs to be imported into browsers/devices to get rid of these messages.

It was a Boeing airplane. People, companies and regulators make mistakes. Glad we and they all learned from the past. Thanks to those that went though fatal or non-fatal accidents, flying is a save way to travel.
But this gets off topic.

Indeed it is...I was wondering when someone would point this out [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying this discussion. I'd like to continue, however, let us move to an appropriate forum, here.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...personal-experience-no-trolling-please.62790/

I hope @thelonelycoder @heysoundude @Asad Ali @L&LD and anyone interested, please, please join in! :)
Posts moved to the new thread.
I'm always happy when discussions get off topic. It means members of this board care beyond the stuff we discuss, fix, code and giving advice. Join the discussion and share your experience and personal view.

I'm always happy when discussions get off topic. It means members of this board care beyond the stuff we discuss, fix, code and giving advice. Join the discussion and share your experience and personal view.

There's a great community that has developed here on SNBForums around this project, This is probably one of my proudest achievements with it.

And @RMerlin, we're all proud of all of you! Each and everyone makes the other's work shine and together you have given us mere users a solid shot of having a network that is stable, secure and as feature-rich, as we can hope for.

Take care friend! The whole family here is thankful every day for all your collective efforts and collaborations.

Btw, do you think you can run a country as well as you manage these routers and handle these forums? I'd vote for you as PM of Canada if I could! :)

And @RMerlin, we're all proud of all of you! Each and everyone makes the other's work shine and together you have given us mere users a solid shot of having a network that is stable, secure and as feature-rich, as we can hope for.

Take care friend! The whole family here is thankful every day for all your collective efforts and collaborations.

Btw, do you think you can run a country as well as you manage these routers and handle these forums? I'd vote for you as PM of Canada if I could! :)
I think the US of A has a need that may be greater !!!
Maybe we can decide via 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'

Meanwhile, Boris Johnson (aka 'BoJo' <insert obvious 'BigTop' joke here>) is getting close to being an additional contenter to join the 'game'.
:) ;)

This is not the alternate-bf.conf, looks like the regular /etc/dnsmasq.conf to me.
Use sf in Diversion, they both are listed.
Sorry about posting on old thread here but I am still trying to get alternate file working. Here is the requested file.

/opt/share/diversion/.conf/alternate-bf.conf has this content:

START FILE, --- lines are not part of file
---------------------------------------------------
### DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE ###

pid-file=/var/run/alternate_bf_dnsmasq.pid
user=nobody
bind-dynamic
interface=br0
no-dhcp-interface=pptp*
listen-address=192.168.1.253
localise-queries
no-resolv
dhcp-option=lan,3,192.168.1.1
dhcp-authoritative
servers-file=/tmp/resolv.dnsmasq

# /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add directives #

# start of Diversion directives #
ptr-record=254.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa,192.168.1.254
addn-hosts=/opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist
addn-hosts=/opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist_fs
log-async
log-queries
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log3
# end of Diversion directives #
---------------------------------------------------
END FILE

Somehow Diversion has missed sending me router backup files and stats a few times lately.

First time that happened when I had them scheduled Sun @ 1:00 (I have had this schedule going on for ages). But I didn't get the backups or stats for example last sunday.

Then I changed the schedule to Thu, Sun @ 1:00. I got the reports last thursday just fine, but just noticed that I have missed the sunday reports again. Sending the test mail (c, 5, 11) and manual backup (c, 3, 2, 3 ) works just fine.

This is not a big problem, but I just wonder what is the reason for these random hiccups.
Happened again. Thursday OK. But nothing happened Sun @ 1:00.

Any other cron jobs kicking off at 01:00 on Sunday?
If I normally (when everything goes as expected) get stats and backup files, they are sent (and received) approx. 00:30 and 00:50. So, I think 01:00 is not the exact time I should look for something anyway.

But I don't know how to check cron jobs schedules in general.

If I normally (when everything goes as expected) get stats and backup files, they are sent (and received) approx. 00:30 and 00:50. So, I think 01:00 is not the exact time I should look for something anyway.

But I don't know how to check cron jobs schedules in general.
Execute "cru l" from ssh.

Welcome
This is Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker for Asuswrt-Merlin

All install and update info are on the Diversion website.

March 01 2020
Diversion 4.1.10 is now available
See the Diversion website or this post for the change log.

Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0).
If you like Diversion and find it useful, you can help it's further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Diversion is interactive. To start the Diversion UI after installation, use
Code:
diversion
For quick operation options without starting the UI, use
Code:
diversion help
to make yourself familiar with the available options.

4jsJ1XW.png
[/QUOTE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!