• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
ok, but selecting a predefined list and having diversion installed next to skynet will still list the blocking list as 'custom' right?
Sorry, I'm just a little confused on the naming because I initially installed diversion with the 'standard' list, then it went to 'custom+' after installing skynet and now after the update it says 'custom'.
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be 'custom' or 'standard' now :)
No it did not. You customized the list. Selecting a predefined list sets the name of it.

HairyA00

Thanks for that. Shame Youtube can't be blocked, though.
You have other options in desktop browsers. But as for smart TVs/Chromecast and mobile, you are going to see YouTube Ads without a content blocker. Depending on what browser you use, there are some must-have desktop extensions.

Chrome: HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, Location Guard, Nano Defender, uBlock Origin Extra
Firefox: HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, Location Guard, Nano Defender, Facebook Container

Note: there are some extra steps to get Nano Defender working on both browsers:
https://jspenguin2017.github.io/uBlockProtector/#extra-installation-steps-for-ublock-origin

machinist

New Around Here
Chrome: HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, Location Guard, Nano Defender, uBlock Origin Extra
Already on uBlock Origin - working great. Thanks for the HTTPS Everywhere suggestion.
Is there a way disable diversion for a specific computer on the network? (aka one computer where traffic to/from would by-pass diversion)
4images?? If so, legend. That whole thing got me started on the interwebz.

immi803

My YouTube history is not getting stored strange, anyone else facing issue? Any proposed solution to this?

Igor

Regular Contributor
RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.16
[Error] No compatible device(s) found to install
Diversion on.

Why? At 384.15 everything worked.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.16
[Error] No compatible device(s) found to install
Diversion on.

Why? At 384.15 everything worked.
That refers to the attached USB device. Check that it is inserted and working properly.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Sorry for my English :) Now my flash drive is not in the list of devices.
- Reboot router
- Check router Syslog for errors pertaining ro USB device(s)

zdaw700

New Around Here
Signed up just to post here. Many cuss words were muttered when I had noticed hphosts lists sudden 404 from the update pool. This hadn't been updated here so figured it was worth posting.

As to what happened to hphosts lists, source link quote:

We are currently restructuring hpHosts and it will no longer be updated. You could however check out our browser extension product.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard
https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard

Filters out annoying ads and scams while blocking trackers that spy on you.

The browser extension that beats the scammers

Malwarebytes Browser Guard crushes unwanted and unsafe content, giving you a safer and faster browsing, Not only that, it is the world’s first browser extension that can identify and stop tech support scams. We take on the bad guys so you don’t have to.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Signed up just to post here. Many cuss words were muttered when I had noticed hphosts lists sudden 404 from the update pool. This hadn't been updated here so figured it was worth posting.

As to what happened to hphosts lists, source link quote:
I released Diversion 3.1.11 on April 1 for just this reason ...
diversion.ch

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!