What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My YouTube history is not getting stored strange, anyone else facing issue? Any proposed solution to this?

RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.16
[Error] No compatible device(s) found to install
Diversion on.

Why? At 384.15 everything worked.

RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.16
[Error] No compatible device(s) found to install
Diversion on.

Why? At 384.15 everything worked.
That refers to the attached USB device. Check that it is inserted and working properly.

Sorry for my English :) Now my flash drive is not in the list of devices.
- Reboot router
- Check router Syslog for errors pertaining ro USB device(s)

Signed up just to post here. Many cuss words were muttered when I had noticed hphosts lists sudden 404 from the update pool. This hadn't been updated here so figured it was worth posting.

As to what happened to hphosts lists, source link quote:

We are currently restructuring hpHosts and it will no longer be updated. You could however check out our browser extension product.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard
https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard

Filters out annoying ads and scams while blocking trackers that spy on you.

The browser extension that beats the scammers

Malwarebytes Browser Guard crushes unwanted and unsafe content, giving you a safer and faster browsing, Not only that, it is the world’s first browser extension that can identify and stop tech support scams. We take on the bad guys so you don’t have to.

Signed up just to post here. Many cuss words were muttered when I had noticed hphosts lists sudden 404 from the update pool. This hadn't been updated here so figured it was worth posting.

As to what happened to hphosts lists, source link quote:
I released Diversion 3.1.11 on April 1 for just this reason ...
diversion.ch

I have successfully installed and configured Diversion Standard on my Asus AC86U.
Everything seems to be working fine, as expected. However, I was not able to figure out how to to customize my configuration in a certain way. One client in my network (a TV) does not seem to work smooth with pixelserv method of blocking. For this particular client I would like to block using the 0.0.0.0 address method, while the rest of clients should still use pixelserv method.
I managed to setup an alternate blocking list, but it seems that both primary and alternate list can either be set to pixelserv blocking or to NULL address blocking. The only way to use NULL-address blocking is to disable pixelserv, which automatically sets this blocking method for both lists. This configuration flexibility can be achieved in general, but there is no way to customize things from the diversion console menu, or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

I have successfully installed and configured Diversion Standard on my Asus AC86U.
Everything seems to be working fine, as expected. However, I was not able to figure out how to to customize my configuration in a certain way. One client in my network (a TV) does not seem to work smooth with pixelserv method of blocking. For this particular client I would like to block using the 0.0.0.0 address method, while the rest of clients should still use pixelserv method.
I managed to setup an alternate blocking list, but it seems that both primary and alternate list can either be set to pixelserv blocking or to NULL address blocking. The only way to use NULL-address blocking is to disable pixelserv, which automatically sets this blocking method for both lists. This configuration flexibility can be achieved in general, but there is no way to customize things from the diversion console menu, or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

Welcome to the forum!

Personally, I don’t bother with Pixelserv, just have it disabled. No apparent issues seen here with that.:)

Hi Treadler,

Personally, I don’t bother with Pixelserv, just have it disabled. No apparent issues seen here with that.:)

Well, now it is disabled in my configuration too, but maybe I'm missing some benefits of pixelserv (or will be missing them in future). I also have an "academic interest" in such a setup: technically it is doable.

Are there issues with the server today? AMTM tells me there is an update but it fails. All other updates ran fine.

Code:
! Diversion: diversion.ch unreachable
 Script update(s) available!

Actually this won't update either:
Code:
 Entware packages    -> upd avail
- libncursesw            6.1-5       -> 6.2-1

Last edited:
Are there issues with the server today? AMTM tells me there is an update but it fails. All other updates ran fine.

Code:
! Diversion: diversion.ch unreachable
 Script update(s) available!

Actually this won't update either:
Code:
 Entware packages    -> upd avail
- libncursesw            6.1-5       -> 6.2-1
Use this command from the SSH prompt:
opkg install --force-reinstall libncursesw

No issue checking for updates here. But it did show a fair bit of Entware updates which I proceeded with.

Everything seemed fine until I checked for updates again 'u'. Shows update available for Unbound-daemon from 1.9.6-1 to 1.10.0-2.

I tried to update and it seems like there is no issue doing so, but checking for updates again 'u', it shows the update is still available.

Unbound is also not working now. :(

Just a data point here for the above poster. I will be posting this issue in the Unbound thread too. :)

Pixelserv-tls will not start - Any ideas?

Code:
Apr 12 01:34:23 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings
Apr 12 01:34:25 avahi-daemon[3662]: Registering new address record for 192.168.1.9 on br0.IPv4.
Apr 12 01:34:25 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls for 192.168.1.9
Apr 12 01:34:25 pixelserv-tls[30964]: pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Mar 23 2020 07:23:17 flags: tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.9
Apr 12 01:34:37 Entware (armv7sf-k2.6): Failed to start pixelserv-tls (Diversion)
Apr 12 01:34:39 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls for 192.168.1.9
Apr 12 01:34:40 Entware (armv7sf-k2.6): Started pixelserv-tls (Diversion)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!