• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

mazo22

Occasional Visitor
Hi to all,

I´m on version v4.1.11 - the update feature in amtm says -> min upd... but if I want to open/run option 1 - Diversion - open it give an error code:
/opt/bin/diversion: line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline (expecting ")")
so it fails to run & I´m no able to update. What is the best solution now to proceed? Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall if it fails to run? All other is up to date - also Entware packages. - thanks for any help in this regard

PeterR

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I'm trying to whitelist *s.youtube.com but I get back : "domain has star (*) in name, this cannot work"

And, should diversion AND pixlserv be on the same IP? As that's how I've setup mine.

EDIT: just whitelisted "s.youtube.com" and it worked!

Thanks

Pixelsrv ip address should be different to router address, e.g. if your router is 192.168.1.1, assign 192.168.1.2 to pixelsrv-tls. Remember to adjust the DHCP server to exclude the address assigned to pixelsrv-tls.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

dev_null

What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

Nice!

But a plea from a sometimes frustrated user: can we put all the add-ons in the ADDONS tab? I understand that some of them are related to other functions (e.g., Skynet is firewall, etc.), but it would seem more intuitive to have them in one place.

(Or maybe make the location be user-selectable?)

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Nice!

But a plea from a sometimes frustrated user: can we put all the add-ons in the ADDONS tab? I understand that some of them are related to other functions (e.g., Skynet is firewall, etc.), but it would seem more intuitive to have them in one place.

It goes where it belongs.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Would you like me to move uiDivStats alongside Diversion once your UI tab is available?
That makes sense, more on that tomorrow at the usual place.

immi803

@thelonelycoder
Diversion has always been my favorite add-on and it's a must have, huge thanks for this well thought product.

It happened to me thrice and i thought to report, I've ipv6 native enabled with fallback ipv4, moreover skynet, unbound are working as well
Suddenly it started showing ads and i couldn't figure out why it happened, though diversion was working in Logs as usual, is it ipv6 bothering? Or something to guess? Reboot certainly eradicates the issue but i can't figure out the case
Any help?

adampk17

Nice!

I gotta agree with you. I’d prefer them all in one location as well.

LimJK

Very Senior Member

thelonelycoder,
Thank you for naming the tab as "Diversion" vs "Diversion Stats" so that we get a little more real estate for more tabs :)

Stephen Harrington

It appears to be a settings page, not a stats page?

Labels something like “Div Set” for the forthcoming @thelonelycoder page, and “Div Stat” for the @Jack Yaz uiDivStats page perhaps?
Especially since it appears those two tabs may end up side by side on the LAN side-menu?

Last edited:

Marin

Very Senior Member
Would suggest keeping tabs different so they are easily recognizable:

Diversion and Div-stats

or any other combination that accomplishes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Labels something like “Div Set” for the forthcoming @thelonelycoder page, and “Div Stat” for the @Jack Yaz uiDivStats page perhaps?
Especially since it appears those two tabs may end up side by side on the LAN side-menu?
It's going to be Diversion and uiDivStats for the two tabs in the LAN menu.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Not happy, the Entware maintainers have decided to remove the package zip from their repository for ARM and HND routers. The oldish MIPSEL based routers are not affected by this.
I don't know exactly when that happened but it affects existing Diversion installations if the backup function is set to use zip as the compression.
When already installed, zip will work, just don't accidentally remove that Entware package.

Can someone give me the best alternate Entware package name that makes Windows compatible zip files?
Thanks.

HawkInOz

Regular Contributor

Just an FYI on the image hosting site you are using. I currently am using CleanBrowsing for DNS, and they are blocking i.imgur.com (and imgur.com). So, all I get for the posted images now is a '[ IMG ]' placeholder. Since CleanBrowsing is one of the options made available by default in Asuswrt-Merlin, I'm not inclined to switch it off entirely or make any exceptions for any devices (I know I can do so easily enough via the DNSFilter tab in LAN). I also know this is my choice, but wanted there to be an awareness none-the-less. Thanks!

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Just an FYI on the image hosting site you are using. I currently am using CleanBrowsing for DNS, and they are blocking i.imgur.com (and imgur.com). So, all I get for the posted images now is a '[ IMG ]' placeholder. Since CleanBrowsing is one of the options made available by default in Asuswrt-Merlin, I'm not inclined to switch it off entirely or make any exceptions for any devices (I know I can do so easily enough via the DNSFilter tab in LAN). I also know this is my choice, but wanted there to be an awareness none-the-less. Thanks!
I see no reason why that site should be blocked, its image hosting is used extensively by many. I remember back when one reddit user announced to code it just to allow non-obnoxious image hosting for that platform.
Most other image hosters suck, while I admit that in the past years imgur got a bit overboard with how they display content.
Nonetheless, the site is still my preferred image hoster and I have no plans to change that.

Try to get in contact with the CleanBrowsing guys and ask for reasons.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!