What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi everyone,

Question from a total non-techie (well, almost total): is there anything that either Diversion or SkyNet would be doing that would block my Desktop PC from connecting to my Echo Studio when listening via Spotify? All of a sudden I can't play Spotify through my Echo. I can play SiriusXM no problem. I'm guessing it's a temporary outage somewhere else, because I've been using Diversion and SkyNet for some time without any issues (see my signature below). Still, just checking...

Thanks,
Anton

Its May the 8th.
Spotify is working just fine for me on iPad streaming to HomePod.

Here is a list of domains needed for whitelisting for spotify as well
Code:
mobile-ap.spotify.com
apresolve.spotify.com
upgrade.scdn.com
market.spotify.com
spclient.wg.spotify.com
audio-ake.spotify.com.edgesuite.net

Thanks for the list incase I need it in the future.

At the moment, Spotify is working with out issues on iPad while streaming to HomePod.

Pi hole script to block youtube ads. I was planning to get raspberry pi and have that install. Cam across the post about new youtube ads script which gaining tract on. Can this be integrate into diversion.

https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/youtube-script-seems-to-be-working-very-well/31316/68

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does this include new Overlay Ads, that you randomly see in the videos??

https://instapage.com/blog/youtube-overlay-ads

Edit:
after reading the page, I cant seem to find any info on Overlay Ads and ability for pi hole to block them.

Last edited:
That would be huge. I followed the links and checked out the reddit page and, while it's all a little over my head, it definitely seems to be giving people great results.
It's working now, and it has for over a year! If only some smart butt with time on his hands had come up with this trick earlier :):D

So for now and hopefully a long while, this will be an acceptable way to block YT (video) ads, though some must go through: As the sacrifice to be able to block the next ads.

I'm far into the first beta testing release, though I'm busy with other things today too.
Release maybe later today, my time.

Last edited:
I've noticed an issue with updating blocking lists; when manually updating blocking lists, Diversion is always seeing "remote file is newer". This happens even if I update and then update gain, wait 5 minutes or try the next day. It is always stating "remote file is newer" regardless of when I update. I'm using the"medium" blocking list.

Is this correct and I'm just not understanding the sequence? Inputs appreciated.

Thank you!

I've noticed an issue with updating blocking lists; when manually updating blocking lists, Diversion is always seeing "remote file is newer". This happens even if I update and then update gain, wait 5 minutes or try the next day. It is always stating "remote file is newer" regardless of when I update. I'm using the"medium" blocking list.

Is this correct and I'm just not understanding the sequence? Inputs appreciated.

Thank you!
I'll double check that later. But it seems to work here.
In the meantime, try switching to a different blocking list and then back to Medium.

I'll double check that later. But it seems to work here.
In the meantime, try switching to a different blocking list and then back to Medium.

Just tried and things changed slightly, first file is now stated as "remote file same", second is still "remote file is newer". Weird.

Thank you!
Run uu to force update Diversion, I've added an expiry check of 17 days for the backups, and other small changes.
Then run b, 4 to see if it fixes it.

Run uu to force update Diversion, I've added an expiry check of 17 days for the backups, and other small changes.
Then run b, 4 to see if it fixes it.

Thank you for that.
Tried and am still getting a newer file for list 2. Tried to change to a different blocking list and then change back but still the same. A reboot also does not help.

Its May the 8th.
Spotify is working just fine for me on iPad streaming to HomePod.

Thanks for the list incase I need it in the future.

At the moment, Spotify is working with out issues on iPad while streaming to HomePod.
Mine is back to working again normally through my devices as well.

Thanks,
Anton

It's working now, and it has for over a year! If only some smart butt with time on his hands had come up with this trick earlier :):D

So for now and hopefully a long while, this will be an acceptable way to block YT (video) ads, though some must go through: As the sacrifice to be able to block the next ads.

I'm far into the first beta testing release, though I'm busy with other things today too.
Release maybe later today, my time.

That sounds wonderful!

Will this enhancement be controlled by means of a switch/option, so that if people don't want to use it, they can turn it off?

That sounds wonderful!

Will this enhancement be controlled by means of a switch/option, so that if people don't want to use it, they can turn it off?
What do you expect from the Diversion coder?
This should be self answering.

wait am i reading it right? hes trying to block YT ads?

Truly, we are living in an age of wonders!

Seriously though, even uBlock Origin can't block YT ads, so I'm pretty interested in this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!