What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Let me have a late dinner, then I'll figure out the how and why this is not already included beside the existing IP address exclusion function.
This isn’t an issue for most people because dnsmasq/Diversion won’t receive these queries, unless Tools / Other Settings “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)” is set to Yes. Is this true for you @Asad Ali ?

This isn’t an issue for most people because dnsmasq/Diversion won’t receive these queries, unless Tools / Other Settings “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)” is set to Yes. Is this true for you @Asad Ali ?

I know it'll only show when we have the local caching enabled and that's necessary for my use case due to some home baked scripts I use, also it's needed for LAN name resolution.

Exactly the reason. But then:
I know it'll only show when we have the local caching enabled and that's necessary for my use case due to some home baked scripts I use, also it's needed for LAN name resolution.
I also have "Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)" set to Yes for my local web server to resolve, like diversion.test which you'll find code in both amtm and Diversion so I can be lazy with my testing.

As for now, I'll add domain exclusion to the to do list, otherwise that Diversion WebUI will never see the light of day :D

Just enabled the YouTube video ads blocking. But my System Log - General Log keeps showing these messages all the time (every minute sharp):

Code:
May 17 06:00:00 Diversion: no YouTube temp file found, run b,8,2 in Diversion

I have reset YouTube settings (start over) (b,8,2), but nothing happens.

And I see ads of course.

Just enabled the YouTube video ads blocking. But my System Log - General Log keeps showing these messages all the time (every minute sharp):

Code:

And I see ads of course.
can you confirm you truly see ads?

Code:

And I see ads of course.
Run forced update(UU).

Code:

And I see ads of course.
Fixed, sorry for the stupid mistake.

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- FIXED: Missing dnsmasq.log file path in command when no last YT count was found.

Use u to update

Fixed, sorry for the stupid mistake.

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- FIXED: Missing dnsmasq.log file path in command when no last YT count was found.

Yeah. There was a red yt in the el edit lists line as well, if I remember right.

I tried uu several times earlier. But after updating Diversion to the latest version (with the fix) there seems to be a yt count going on now:

Code:
  31 yt

and no more "no YouTube temp file found" lines in the general log.

Yeah. There was a red yt in the el edit lists line as well, if I remember right.

I tried uu several times earlier. But after updating Diversion to the latest version (with the fix) there seems to be a yt count going on now:

Code:
  31 yt

and no more "no YouTube temp file found" lines in the general log.

That "no YouTube temp file found" only happened for a new setup or a reset of the YT experimental feature.

I noticed recently that you added the ability to parse domain only lists. Thank you for adding this functionality, it is indispensable and really makes diversion even all the more better than it was before. Great Job, keep up the good work!
I did, grudgingly. In hindsight that feature should have come earlier to Diversion.

I noticed recently that you added the ability to parse domain only lists. Thank you for adding this functionality, it is indispensable and really makes diversion even all the more better than it was before. Great Job, keep up the good work!

Ok, so I was obviously asleep when this happened......:confused:
Does this mean the like of ‘EasyList’ lists are now usable?

Ok, so I was obviously asleep when this happened......:confused:
Does this mean the like of ‘EasyList’ lists are now usable?

No, not EasyList. EasyList is in "ABP format"; which is more than just a list of domains.

for a more robust solution you could always download them and upload them to a source where you can add them as a custom list.
downloading them straight from the source
Code:
for url in https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easyprivacy.txt https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt; do

curl -s $url | sed 's/^||//' | cut -d'^' -f-1 > easylist

done

there is a little more work to it then that as some of the AB list have additional stuff that needs to be removed.

sticking with this solution mentioned by @HairyA00
is definitely the best approach unless you are familiar with sed awk enough to come up with that special recipe.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!