What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pixelserv doing nothing?

At my In-Laws' house, new Asus router. Current uptime, 6 days:

--------
req 105 total # of requests (HTTP, HTTPS, success, failure etc)
avg 90 bytes average size of requests
rmx 314 bytes largest size of request(s)
tav 4 ms average processing time (per request)
tmx 9 ms longest processing time (per request)

slh 0 # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm 0 # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle 0 # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but not usable)
slc 0 # of dropped HTTPS requests (client disconnect without sending any request)
slu 0 # of dropped HTTPS requests (other TLS handshake errors)
------

Can confirm lots of "Cannot connect to server" boxes where the ads should be. ca.crt imported on relevant devices.

Thoughts??

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- NEW : Option to enable the Diversion WebUI beta in d.
- CHANGED: Dnsmasq and pixelserv-tls operation functions to make them compatible with the new WebUI functions.

This first WebUI beta version is limited in its ability but fully functional. I need some feedback if things work as intended on a broader range of routers.
The Home page with its general settings is of most interest to me, while the Test pages are solely there to test the page switching function I came up with to outmaneuver the limitation of the firmware.
I tested this on my newer Merlin routers and the trusted RT-AC66U on Johns fork.

Please report inconsistencies and errors. And enjoy this first release of a GUI for Diversion :)

Use u to update

Last edited:

- CHANGED: Dnsmasq and pixelserv-tls operation functions to make them compatible with the new WebUI functions.

This first WebUI beta version is limited in its ability but fully functional. I need some feedback if things work as intended on a broader range of routers.
The Home page with its general settings is of most interest to me, while the Test pages are solely there to test the page switching function I came up with to outmaneuver the limitation of the firmware.
I tested this on my newer Merlin routers and the trusted RT-AC66U on Johns fork.

Please report inconsistencies and errors. And enjoy this first release of a GUI for Diversion :)

Use u to update
Thanks for the WebUI!

First observations, clicking Test One or Test Two leaves things in a broken state, quite a few JS errors in the console!

EDIT: I seem to be missing /user/diversion/diversion-lists.js, do I need to run something in Diversion to generate the file?

EDIT2: Amending to diversion-index.js allowed me to recover

Last edited:
Thanks for the WebUI!

First observations, clicking Test One or Test Two leaves things in a broken state, quite a few JS errors in the console!

EDIT: I seem to be missing /user/diversion/diversion-lists.js, do I need to run something in Diversion to generate the file?

Oops, that file is missing, let me add it to the zip file.

Thanks for the WebUI!

Updated the webui.zip file, you may test the Update function in the WebUI now, I added a space to trigger the minor update function.

Use u to update

On my RT-AC68U, Test One was fine; Test 2 not so good, and pressing Test One or Home no longer works

Attachments

• DAEF9475-276C-4B44-99FE-7451C87EF2C6.png
    DAEF9475-276C-4B44-99FE-7451C87EF2C6.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: a5m
Updated the webui.zip file, you may test the Update function in the WebUI now, I added a space to trigger the minor update function.
Works as advertised!

I'm curious about the page tabbing though. Personally I would have had buttons show/hide divs and name the elements accordingly (and then filter them out when stringifying the custom settings to save back). What pushed you towards this implementation?

Just updated and so far nothing out of the normal to report other than I thought I lost UiDivStats and didn't see the Diversion webpage at first. Went in to redo it and I see where you left a note for those moments. (found in the lan section. ;) just as you said)

Just updated and so far nothing out of the normal to report other than I thought I lost UiDivStats and didn't see the Diversion webpage at first. Went in to redo it and I see where you left a note for those moments. (found in the lan section. ;) just as you said)
Yes uiDivStats 2.0 has moved to LAN - though if you haven't rebooted since updating it will stay in Addons

Works as advertised!

I'm curious about the page tabbing though. Personally I would have had buttons show/hide divs and name the elements accordingly (and then filter them out when stringifying the custom settings to save back). What pushed you towards this implementation?
This beta is just a fraction of what I have here and am planning to do. I need to separate the pages for the many settings that are possible in Diversion.
Breaking them into separate pages leaves me with a controlled per page set of settings variables.

Yes uiDivStats 2.0 has moved to LAN - though if you haven't rebooted since updating it will stay in Addons
Yea I see it moved as well. I rebooted as I noticed my graphs were displaying properly. The pie charts and such for them were though. o_O Reboot didn't help either though. Will reply in UiStats forum so as to not add unnecessary items to it.

Also: Because I can :D:p

Do a force update of Diversion.
. Looking good now. I find I have to press the ‘buttons’ twice eg let’s say I’m on the Test 2 page and then select Home; I get the swirling circle and, when it stops, I’m still on the Test 2 page, so I select Home again, and, this time, when the swirling circle ends, I am, indeed, back on the Home page.

. Looking good now. I find I have to press the ‘buttons’ twice eg let’s say I’m on the Test 2 page and then select Home; I get the swirling circle and, when it stops, I’m still on the Test 2 page, so I select Home again, and, this time, when the swirling circle ends, I am, indeed, back on the Home page.
What router model and firmware is this?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!