What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am looking into my isp forum, there may be an un-official-ish way to get it into a bridge mode, if so, can i still have the asus upstairs connected by power lines?..i also have a GB switch, could i hang the asus off the isp router and leave the asus downstairs next to it and then use the power lines to put the switch upstairs, i only need the switch for the lan ports

This matter is unrelated with Diversion. Better continue your router setup thread:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-rt-ac86u-starting-from-scratch.60088/

Yes of course, was going to continue there with that question. Still can't get diversion services on my laptop connected to the router in its wifi, lost count how many times I imported pixel crt

By any chance are you using FireFox?

hosts.oisd.nl seems unreachable just now.

[Edit] many hours later, working again....... :)

Last edited:
Hello.

Is there a way to check if diversion is active through a bash script?
I need to create a Merlin script where I test:

If [diversion is active]
then
xxxxx
fi

thank you.

Hello.

Code:
If [diversion is active]
then
xxxxx
fi
Diversion isn't a permanent running background service (daemon), but a crude check to see if it is installed
Code:
[ -n "$(which diversion)" ] && echo "Diversion Installed"

Diversion Installed
However, you can check if the Diversion Menu is open and maybe catch it performing its (cron) Count_ads housekeeping if you are very lucky!;)
Code:
[ -n "$(pidof diversion)" ] && echo "Diversion Running"
but diversion also runs cron sub-scripts see '/opt/share/diversion/file/'

e.g. So you would check explicitly for these script names etc.
Code:
update-bl.div          #Diversion_UpdateBL
rotate-logs.div        #Diversion_RotateLogs

Last edited:
Hi Martineau, thank you very much for your comments. You are very close to answering my question but not already there... Maybe you can help me a bit more?:

On the diversion menu, I can see the following.

d Diversion Standard disabled
or
d Diversion Standard enabled

Now, is there a way to get this status check even if the Diversion menu is not open, via a bash script? Is there any modem configuration, NVRAM parameter or other stuff I can check to see if diversion is currently enabled?

As you pointed out,
[ -n "$(which diversion)" ] && echo "Diversion Installed" only checks if the program is installed and [ -n "$(pidof diversion)" ] && echo "Diversion Running" only checks if the the Diversion Menu is open.

Thank you.

Hi Martineau, thank you very much for your comments. You are very close to answering my question but not already there... Maybe you can help me a bit more?:

On the diversion menu, I can see the following.

d Diversion Standard disabled
or

Now, is there a way to get this status check even if the Diversion menu is not open, via a bash script?

seek and ye shall find..
Code:
grep -E "^DIVERSION_STATUS" diversion.conf

DIVERSION_STATUS=disabled

Thank you so much Martineau!
this worked, I only had to enter the full path to my diversion.conf file.

"grep -E "^DIVERSION_STATUS" ./tmp/mnt/MicUSBsctipts/entware/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf

Michele

Thank you so much Martineau!
this worked, I only had to enter the full path to my diversion.conf file.

"grep -E "^DIVERSION_STATUS" ./tmp/mnt/MicUSBsctipts/entware/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf

Michele
FYI

For convenience, and to eliminate potential typos in your full-path ;), Entware mounts its file system on '/opt', so it is compatible across routers without having to know the user chosen mount point '/mnt/xxxxxxxxxxx'

e.g.
Code:
grep -E "^DIVERSION_STATUS" /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf

Hello.

If [diversion is active]
then
xxxxx
fi

thank you.
Code:
if grep -q diversion /etc/dnsmasq.conf; then
echo "Diversion is active"
else
echo "Diversion is not active"
fi

Martineau: thanks for the update;
thelonelycoder: I am not sure I can get your method to work.

MIC

Pixelserv appears to be broken and I can't figure out how to fix it. A re-install of diversion didn't fix the problem.

I see this error message at the top of the diversion banner :
pixelserv-tls: relocation error: /opt/lib/libssl.so.1.1: symbol SHA256_Transform, version OPENSSL_1_1_0 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.1 with link time reference

c communication DivUn stats backup FWun

a ad-blocking to IP 192.168.1.2
l logging off

ep pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2 (not running)

b blocking list Custom+ Tue @ 2:00
el edit lists 21 w 1 b 0 wb

f follow dnsmasq.log

e exit Diversion more options o

Dear friends, do yo have knowledge regarding any script/batch file to be run under windows/router to check whitelist/blacklist (not found/up/down/whatever info is available)?
Eventually using a SSL proxy into the script, to be sure results are not affected by settings?

Last edited:
Re: Address 1st-party tracker blocking

This also picked up by SANS NewsBites Vol. 21 Num. 093.
If you follow the link to the uBlock issue it references a 1st Party Tracker Host list that can be imported directly into pihole & Diversion.

https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues/780#issuecomment-559340435

Regularly updated list is:
https://hostfiles.frogeye.fr/firstparty-trackers-hosts.txt

This may be of interest to others. :)

It appears the “frogeye” list mentioned above may be included in the “large” Diversion blocking list - hosts.oisd.nl. ??
If I’m understanding correctly.......

Last edited:
Dear friends, do yo have knowledge regarding any script/batch file to be run under windows/router to check whitelist/blacklist (not found/up/down/whatever info is available)?
Eventually using a SSL proxy into the script, to be sure results are not affected by settings?

I may not be understanding your question correctly, but I know if you attempt to whitelist a domain, Diversion will tell you whether or not it’s in the blacklist.

I don’t know of a script to automate this.

Last edited:
I may not be understanding your question correctly, but I know if you attempt to whitelist a domain, Diversion will tell you whether or not it’s in the blacklist.

I don’t know of a script to automate this.

No, the idea is to check my own whitelist/blacklist to see if some hosts are dead, alive, down or not found at all in order to clean them from useless lines.
I found only for windows but I would like to check from router as well!
Still searching for such script.
basically the script will read a file black/whitelist and write the results in other file, without those hosts that are not to be found.
In the end it could be good for all!

For reference:
http://www.bonusbits.com/wiki/HowTo:Use_Ping_List_Batch_Script

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!