What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey Lonelycoder i have a question. I'm trying to block this site (api.db-ip.com)which is constantly calling cloudfare yet it automatically gets whitelisted, same with some s3.amazonaws sites. Why is that? are you guys forcing a whitelist that we cannot edit on us? I appreciate your work but his dont seem right. Please clarify.

Hey Jack big fan of your work man, thanks for all you do. Would not be using a router if it was not for the work you guys do here. Now back to the original question, altough i understand the hardcoded list, the one mentioned site(or app) (api.db-ip.com) is not on that list and also it cannot be removed. seems like the router is constanstly uploading to cloudfare and it cannot be stopped.

Hey Jack big fan of your work man, thanks for all you do. Would not be using a router if it was not for the work you guys do here. Now back to the original question, altough i understand the hardcoded list, the one mentioned site(or app) (api.db-ip.com) is not on that list and also it cannot be removed. seems like the router is constanstly uploading to cloudfare and it cannot be stopped.
Skynet uses that site so it is part of the shared whitelist between Diversion and Skynet.

Can facebook be blocked by url only? I.E. facebook.com?
I have www.facebook.com and connect.facebook.com in my blacklist. Later, I added facebook.com to my wildcard blacklist. That all seems to work for me and, if I’ve done that wildcard entry correctly, I’m sure I could remove the other 2. As for now, though, I’m leaving it as it is unless I get bored and want to experiment.

Hello all I have an RT-AC5300 and it has been working fine.
I am running .18 and I noticed that the CPU was running with high CPU usage.
I rebooted the router with no change.
So I shut off Diversion via the Web interface and the CPU usage went down

upload_2020-7-9_19-36-19.png

And then I turned Diversion back on and the usage went up again.

upload_2020-7-9_19-45-17.png

Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks

View attachment 24629

View attachment 24630

Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks
You need a new, high-speed USB drive. Period.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Anton

Hmmm interesting thought.. it is a newer USB stick but I am willing to buy another stick.
Can this stick be copied so I do not have to go through the reinstall of everything again?

Hmmm interesting thought.. it is a newer USB stick but I am willing to buy another stick.
Can this stick be copied so I do not have to go through the reinstall of everything again?
I've read somewhere in this or other RMerlin threads that copying a stick may be possible, but I think it takes tools familiar to Unix users, but not necessarily Windows users. In any case, I've found reinstalling the five or so scripts to be a rather quick (and even pleasurable) way to spend 15-20 minutes of time. Putting a new high-speed stick in my router for under $10.00 USD changed everything for me in terms of script and router performance,

I've read somewhere in this or other RMerlin threads that copying a stick may be possible, but I think it takes tools familiar to Unix users, but not necessarily Windows users. In any case, I've found reinstalling the five or so scripts to be a rather quick (and even pleasurable) way to spend 15-20 minutes of time. Putting a new high-speed stick in my router for under $10.00 USD changed everything for me in terms of script and router performance,

I'm looking for a usb stick to reinstall the scripts and upgrade my old flash drive. Could you please share your experience with the speed stick that you recommended in terms of reading and writing?

I'm looking for a usb stick to reinstall the scripts and upgrade my old flash drive. Could you please share your experience with the speed stick that you recommended in terms of reading and writing?
I don't have bench-marking numbers, if that's what you mean. But the stick is fast, is USB 3.0 or 3.1 (my AC88U has a 3.0 port, which I'm using for this purpose) and is dirt cheap. It's a win-win in my environment.

In case you can't find a utility that will clone the USB drive you may be better off removing all the scripts prior to removing the old drive and installing a new USB drive.

I just went through an issue where my USB drive failed or was corrupted and I replaced it. Then I could not get Skynet to function even to the point where I could remove the script. It did not recognize the new USB even though It had exactly the same name and was the same size and manufacturer as the old USB. Another poster gave me a command that I could use when I SSH in to remove the firewall and Skynet so I could then reinstall Skynet. Some of the other scripts were also having issues also but by doing a forced update they fixed themselves.

In case you can't find a utility that will clone the USB drive you may be better off removing all the scripts prior to removing the old drive and installing a new USB drive.

I just went through an issue where my USB drive failed or was corrupted and I replaced it. Then I could not get Skynet to function even to the point where I could remove the script. It did not recognize the new USB even though It had exactly the same name and was the same size and manufacturer as the old USB. Another poster gave me a command that I could use when I SSH in to remove the firewall and Skynet so I could then reinstall Skynet. Some of the other scripts were also having issues also but by doing a forced update they fixed themselves.
On a related note: has anyone found a (Windows based) utility that will image/clone one of these USB drives and allow to upgrade to a larger drive simultaneously? Macrium Reflect comes to mind, but I haven't tried it for this purpose.

On a related note: has anyone found a (Windows based) utility that will image/clone one of these USB drives and allow to upgrade to a larger drive simultaneously? Macrium Reflect comes to mind, but I haven't tried it for this purpose.
MiniTool Shadowmaker works.

I haven't tried it either, but Macrium Reflect would be the one to do it properly, I would assume. :)

View attachment 24629

View attachment 24630

Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks
Do you have uiDivStats installed? If so then I suspect this causes the higher load.

I had to uninstall uidivstats and that immediately fixed my high CPU usage after the latest 18 update

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!