What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Recently I keep getting the error "something went wrong at our end" when using Amazon shopping app. Going by what I've read the problem is being caused by Division blocking something.
Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thanks

I have been looking through the thread but there's a lot of conflicting advise, is it best to whitelist a load of Amazon domains or switch off pixelserv-tls?

Thanks

What does one have to do with the other?

I have been looking through the thread but there's a lot of conflicting advise, is it best to whitelist a load of Amazon domains or switch off pixelserv-tls?

Thanks

Or maybe just uninstall Division altogether and have done with it!
Nothing changes with you does it.
One could argue that the reason there is conflicting advice is because each person's network is unique to them, meaning what may work for one may not for the other.

Thanks

1. If you want to spend some time doing troubleshooting and determine exactly which domain is causing the issue with Amazon app, so you can whitelist it, then you can do that and continue to use Pixelserv-TLS (like me)

2. If you don't want to spend time doing troubleshooting, and just need to get the Amazon Shopping app running again ASAP (maybe your wife or girlfriend is bothering you) then you can just disable Pixelserv-TLS from within Diversion (which will disable it properly).

Needing some advice. Asus RT-AC88U router with latest Merlin. Had been running Pi-Hole on Raspberry PI, so had my DNS server field on Router config pointing to Raspberry Pi. Also had IP-Tables on Raspberry Pi set up with "recommended" rules from Raspberry Pi forum. A few months ago, I removed Pi-Hole from the RPi and installed/enabled Diversion on the RT-AC88U via AMTM. After installation of Diversion, I noticed it removed my static DNS address, so the RPi is no longer serving as my DNS server. IPCONFIG command from my PC confirms DNS server is the AC88U router IP 192.168.1.1

Looking at the "kern.log" on the Raspberry Pi, I am seeing where " iptables denied: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff ... SRC=192.168.1.1 DST=192.168.1.255 LEN=168 ... TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=39042 DPT=7788 LEN=148" and this message is happening every 10 to 15 seconds. IP 192.168.1.1 is the router IP. Not sure what 192.168.1.255 is but assume something to do with the router as well.

Other than cluttering up the log file, not sure it is causing me any grief, but not sure I need IPTABLES running on my Raspberry Pi blocking traffic on the Router?

So my question is this: Since I am no longer using the RPi as my DNS server, do I need to remove the IPTABLES rules that I added on the RPi ?

Needing some advice. Asus RT-AC88U router with latest Merlin. Had been running Pi-Hole on Raspberry PI, so had my DNS server field on Router config pointing to Raspberry Pi. Also had IP-Tables on Raspberry Pi set up with "recommended" rules from Raspberry Pi forum. A few months ago, I removed Pi-Hole from the RPi and installed/enabled Diversion on the RT-AC88U via AMTM. After installation of Diversion, I noticed it removed my static DNS address, so the RPi is no longer serving as my DNS server. IPCONFIG command from my PC confirms DNS server is the AC88U router IP 192.168.1.1

Looking at the "kern.log" on the Raspberry Pi, I am seeing where " iptables denied: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff ... SRC=192.168.1.1 DST=192.168.1.255 LEN=168 ... TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=39042 DPT=7788 LEN=148" and this message is happening every 10 to 15 seconds. IP 192.168.1.1 is the router IP. Not sure what 192.168.1.255 is but assume something to do with the router as well.

Other than cluttering up the log file, not sure it is causing me any grief, but not sure I need IPTABLES running on my Raspberry Pi blocking traffic on the Router?

So my question is this: Since I am no longer using the RPi as my DNS server, do I need to remove the IPTABLES rules that I added on the RPi ?
192.168.1.255 is considered the "broadcast address" for your 192.168.1.XXX network. If the RPi is no longer needed then I would remove it. If not to fix this (if it does), but to help clean up in case you need to troubleshoot the network in the future.

Thanks for the info on the .255 broadcast address. The RPi is doing other things for me, so it needs to stay. I guess I do not understand enough about "iptables" and I just don't understand how the RPi can get involved with a route within the router? Maybe I just need to uninstall the "iptables" from the RPi and let the Router take care of everything?

Maybe I just need to uninstall the "iptables" from the RPi and let the Router take care of everything?
I would...."less cooks in the kitchen". ;)

Hi! first of all thanks to everybody for all the help that you guys give to all of us who does not know anything about scripts or coding.
I have a question, follow instructions and install diversion but when trying to start youtube ad blocking (b,#8,#1) I get this error:
( Error No recent YouTube domain found, view
some YouTube videos in a browser!) it does not matter how long I watch youtube videos and adds the result is the same. please be gentle

Recently I keep getting the error "something went wrong at our end" when using Amazon shopping app. Going by what I've read the problem is being caused by Division blocking something.
Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thanks
Hope not to late. I have similar issue with the amazon app not working and see some help post with amazon whitelisting dns. If you whitelist all of those dns, your amazon shopping should work. Mine was fixed three days ago after using diversion full time. Weird that whitelisting amazon-adsystem.com didn't work but required the below dns.

aan.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-pdx.amazon-adsystem.com
aax.amazon-adsystem.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
s.amazon-adsystem.com

Hallo

I have an issue with pixelserv-tls keep crashing. Any idea on what it might be? I can Disable and Enable it again, but after a day or so, it crashes again.

Unavngivet.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!