What's new

DLNA not working since 3.0.0.4_374.38_2 on MerlinRT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aribird

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC66U and i verified neither of my network devices sees DLNA broadcasting since Merlin s3.0.0.4_374.38_2 .

I tested EVERY release all the way to 380.59_0 and DLNA broadcasting is gone ..no matter if you re enable it , reboot etc.

The only way to really see DLNA broadcasting on the network again is by downgrading to 3.0.0.4_374.38_2 .

My devices on the network are a Xbox one , Samsung Smart TV and Android Phones.

I verified the same thing happens with the official Asus firmware .

Is this a bug ? or DLNA is not longer supported?

Help !!

Is working on both my RT-N66U and RT-AC87U (through all updates). When you're doing your updates have you done a factory default reset and than manually reconfigured your settings?

Is working on both my RT-N66U and RT-AC87U (through all updates). When you're doing your updates have you done a factory default reset and than manually reconfigured your settings?

Yes ...i factory reset and manually configured a few times.... still no luck

Any error messages in the system log?

First things to check.....

- Run a chkdsk/fsck on the disk to check for errors
- Rule out a bad file that is hanging the minidlna scan by offloading the disk and only adding back a few files that you know are good (or attach a and set up a different disk and slowly add back your files).

First things to check.....

- Run a chkdsk/fsck on the disk to check foty after r errors
- Rule out a bad file that is hanging the minidlna scan by offloading the disk and only adding back a few files that you know are good (or attach a and set up a different disk and slowly add back your files).

The minidlna.log is empty after i upgrade to any of the higher firmware versions .Also the Media Server Status is always at a "Idle " state while in the lower versions of the firmware is always running .

I think that is part of the issue ...how can i start it?

Delete the .minidlna folder, then click the Apply button at the bottom of the Media Server page in the router's web interface.

The minidlna.log is empty after i upgrade to any of the higher firmware versions .Also the Media Server Status is always at a "Idle " state while in the lower versions of the firmware is always running .

I think that is part of the issue ...how can i start it?

I fixed this by change the setting under Tools > Other Settings > DLNA: Rebuild entire database at start (default: No) to Yes. Worked like a charm on 380.59