What's new

DNS changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Very interesting. I’m sure nobody who is interested in cache poisoning will notice the big@$$ article they just wrote about it.

Reminds me of this thread:

I thought this was interesting. There seems to be more that can be done with DNS.

That is interesting - thanks for sharing...

It's been known as theory, but looks like Google has reduced this to practice...

Actually its going to be annoying when they mess up my L33tHaX0r.com domain. I specifically chose the capitals I wanted.
Domain names are not case sensitive. And you would never notice any of this randomization as an end-user, It's strictly in the exchange between the recursive resolver and the authoritative server.

Domain names are not case sensitive. And you would never notice any of this randomization as an end-user, It's strictly in the exchange between the recursive resolver and the authoritative server.

I was kidding 😉

You didn't see the more interesting thing, in Cuba, geeks use DNS as a proxy tunnel, a completely decentralized proxy tunnel to bypass the carrier's high internet fees. (They don't charge for DNS traffic).

The client and server never establish a direct connection. It is crazy to communicate with each other only through DNS queries for second-level domain names.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!