What's new

Does MerlinWRT run on ASUS DSL-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

waldauf

New Around Here
Hello,

I have WiFi router ASUS DSL-N66U and sometimes it gets down from some reason. Only solution is hard reset it. I found third party firmware MerlinWRT for ASUS routers. Can I install MerlinWRT on my ASUS DSL-N66U without any problems?

Thx for your answer in advance!

Waldauf

No. RMerlin does not support that model (officially). Never has and he has stated that he never will.

I do remember reading about a person that flashed RMerlin firmware on his DSL**** Asus modem/router and claimed success (there was also a youtube video about it), but I can't remember the specific model now, nor do I think that the DSL (modem) part of the device was ever tested either.

Edit: found the video for you. :)

Sorry, still can't find the thread on this forum though. :(

Hello L&LD!

Many thx for your answer. There is not sure that ADSL/VDSL will be work. I let there original firmware. Sure is sure. :]

The modem section would not work, and there's also a chance that other features might not work as expected.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!