What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AFAIK not an issue to be worried about. It has always been there. Decrease the log level and you won't see anymore these messages.
I noticed an anomaly but I don't know what it could be. About once a day the router stops the wireless service, all the wifi devices are without connection, then the connection returns in a few seconds and everything works as before. I am attaching the system log file here

I have encountered the disconnection problem both without skynet and with skynet. I only use wifi in 2.4 ghz mode. It rarely happens, about once a day, but it happens. It happened again today, once after noon and once a few minutes ago. So I read in the forum that it is a known problem. Can it be resolved?

I have encountered the disconnection problem both without skynet and with skynet. I only use wifi in 2.4 ghz mode. It rarely happens, about once a day, but it happens. It happened again today, once after noon and once a few minutes ago. So I read in the forum that it is a known problem. Can it be resolved?
AFAIK it's not even a problem, infact they suggest yout to not be worried about.
Why that happens? I a m not 100% sure of this but I guess it's related to power management: It drops out inactive clients to save energy.. it's simple as that.

Last edited:
AFAIK it's not even a problem, infact they suggest yout to not be worried about.
Why that happens? I a m not 100% sure of this but I guess it's related to power management: It drops out inactive clients to save energy.. it's simple as that.

i am having this for some reason while using cloudflare dns. Normally it doesn't happen. Or I may not notice. If you are using cloudflare dns, would you try to uninstall it. I'll be sure too. When there is a disruption in the internet, either the phone switches to the sim card internet or the modem cuts the net.

I have no inactive clients. They are always the same clients I had with the official Asus firmware and with that the problem was not there. I doubt it is a power problem because when it happens the router does not restart and does not turn off, no blue lights are turned off. The devices remain without wifi for about 20 seconds but the wifi control light remains on. It happens about 2 times a day, so in 24 hours you have about 40 seconds without wifi. It's not the end of the world but if you can fix it it's better Obviously I won't go back to the original Asus firmware anymore, your version has given me the possibility to install addons that I find very useful

I have no inactive clients. They are always the same clients I had with the official Asus firmware and with that the problem was not there. I doubt it is a power problem because when it happens the router does not restart and does not turn off, no blue lights are turned off. The devices remain without wifi for about 20 seconds but the wifi control light remains on. It happens about 2 times a day, so in 24 hours you have about 40 seconds without wifi. It's not the end of the world but if you can fix it it's better Obviously I won't go back to the original Asus firmware anymore, your version has given me the possibility to install addons that I find very useful
If there is something to fix I will try to fix it!
But I think there has been a misunderstanding here.
So let me try to explain better what I meat with my statement:

The logging message that we are talking about is:
"Feb 12 16:58:01 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(507): eth2: Disassoc AA:VV:CC:DD:EE:FF, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0"
The actorshere are the router and the clients. The clients are your tablets, phones, computers and all WiFi connected devices.
So the log message you says that the router is not associated anymore to the client because the client has left or is disconnecting.
Your phone, tablet and PC turn regularly off the WiFi power. When this happens for long enough time, you get a disconnections.
This is my interpretation of this log message.

These messages have been reported long time ago https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/33 btw this is not a new thing.

@RMerlin do you have any explanation why we get these log messages (highlighted in blue)? can we safely ignore them? Thanks a lot.

I understand but I still don't know what to do. I connected to the router a Davis weather station, the Davis airlink for air quality and a Netatmo external camera ..... these 3 devices are online 24 hours a day. Then from morning to evening the 2 linux boxes are added. My smartphone and my pc are added when I'm at home.
Last night there was an episode of disconnection, yet the connected devices were few, only the 3 devices that are in operation 24 hours a day and a linux box.
Keep in mind that the 3 devices online h24 produce a daily traffic of about 10 mb, that is almost nothing.

I understand but I still don't know what to do. I connected to the router a Davis weather station, the Davis airlink for air quality and a Netatmo external camera ..... these 3 devices are online 24 hours a day. Then from morning to evening the 2 linux boxes are added. My smartphone and my pc are added when I'm at home.
Last night there was an episode of disconnection, yet the connected devices were few, only the 3 devices that are in operation 24 hours a day and a linux box.
Keep in mind that the 3 devices online h24 produce a daily traffic of about 10 mb, that is almost nothing.
If you get disconnections from the llinux box you can easily test two things:
1. try tu lauch ping and leave it runnig per 1 day and see if you still get disconnections during the time ping is running.
2. Disable the power management on the wifi card you have. If you run iwconfig you will get Power Managemnt: on. You can disable via network manager configuration.
1613389576380.png

I haven't the faintest idea how it's done. Should I use putty? Is it a command that I have to give to the modem ??? I tried putty but failed

@RMerlin do you have any explanation why we get these log messages (highlighted in blue)? can we safely ignore them? Thanks a lot.

Asus compiled most drivers with debug logging enabled with 386. I don't know what these messages mean concretely, so I can't comment on which of these are normal informative info, and which are genuine error messages. In this case, I believe it's simply reporting that the client has disconnected.

I haven't the faintest idea how it's done. Should I use putty? Is it a command that I have to give to the modem ??? I tried putty but failed
Asus compiled most drivers with debug logging enabled with 386. I don't know what these messages mean concretely, so I can't comment on which of these are normal informative info, and which are genuine error messages. In this case, I believe it's simply reporting that the client has disconnected.
@RMerlin: Thanks, for the reply.
@MattepPV: yes. Whatever you are trying has nothing to do with the router. You are investigating why your clients leave the router. They do not get kicked out by the router.. they leave by their own.
The router doesn't know why they leave otherwise that would be written in the router logs.

I do see same messages with DSL-AX82U wireless drivers I will ask asus devs btw.

Last edited:
@GNUton

when is new software coming :)

I don't know if it will help but the first few days I put your firmware it seemed to me that it had no disconnections. Then I had a high NVRAM usage problem. Today I used a command that I found here on the forum and I optimized the NVRAM, freeing up a lot of space, let's see what happens.
Is the NVRAM space expandable? Can it be increased?

I don't know if it will help but the first few days I put your firmware it seemed to me that it had no disconnections. Then I had a high NVRAM usage problem. Today I used a command that I found here on the forum and I optimized the NVRAM, freeing up a lot of space, let's see what happens.
Is the NVRAM space expandable? Can it be increased?
No NVRAM cannot be increased. Asus is storing part of the NVRAM settings in the /jffs partitions, but the scripts you use they are not using that... so they store stuff to the real NVRAM

Last edited:
No NVRAM cannot be increased. Asus is storing part of the NVRAM settings in the /jffs partitions, but the script you use they are not using that... so they store stuff to the real NVRAM
In the meantime, thanks for the answers. I think I have sorted out regarding disconnections. They were due to the Netatmo Presence camera. The camera works on Netatmo servers, then you have an app on your smartphone with which notifications arrive, you can see the events and see the live. The camera distinguishes people, animals, vehicles, etc., so it sends notifications, but I had noticed that it often did not perform live, indicating that the camera was off. I remembered that when I installed it 3 years ago, I had opened ports in the router. I redid this setup and now it's fine, I shouldn't have any more disconnection errors.

When you release the new firmware, just update this without losing the settings ??? I ask you because if I have to reconfigure everything from scratch, it takes a long time ...... you know I was used to the original firmware that I updated it with the smartphone app

In the meantime, thanks for the answers. I think I have sorted out regarding disconnections. They were due to the Netatmo Presence camera. The camera works on Netatmo servers, then you have an app on your smartphone with which notifications arrive, you can see the events and see the live. The camera distinguishes people, animals, vehicles, etc., so it sends notifications, but I had noticed that it often did not perform live, indicating that the camera was off. I remembered that when I installed it 3 years ago, I had opened ports in the router. I redid this setup and now it's fine, I shouldn't have any more disconnection errors.

When you release the new firmware, just update this without losing the settings ??? I ask you because if I have to reconfigure everything from scratch, it takes a long time ...... you know I was used to the original firmware that I updated it with the smartphone app
I am using Gnuton's firmwares from the first one I think it was DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton4_DSL_1.0.4.7 I never reset the device, I am dirty flashing every new firmware until then because of that reason. I never had any problem.

If you get disconnections from the llinux box you can easily test two things:
1. try tu lauch ping and leave it runnig per 1 day and see if you still get disconnections during the time ping is running.
2. Disable the power management on the wifi card you have. If you run iwconfig you will get Power Managemnt: on. You can disable via network manager configuration.
View attachment 30771
I installed 'nano', I start it but then I can't go on. I would like to adjust the wifi.powersave. How should I do? I tried to look for that file that indicates me with nano but it cannot find it