What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In the meantime, thanks for the answers. I think I have sorted out regarding disconnections. They were due to the Netatmo Presence camera. The camera works on Netatmo servers, then you have an app on your smartphone with which notifications arrive, you can see the events and see the live. The camera distinguishes people, animals, vehicles, etc., so it sends notifications, but I had noticed that it often did not perform live, indicating that the camera was off. I remembered that when I installed it 3 years ago, I had opened ports in the router. I redid this setup and now it's fine, I shouldn't have any more disconnection errors.

When you release the new firmware, just update this without losing the settings ??? I ask you because if I have to reconfigure everything from scratch, it takes a long time ...... you know I was used to the original firmware that I updated it with the smartphone app
Usually dirty flash are fine, but sometimes you can notice something is not right expecially if you go from stock to merlin.
I open nano but then I should look for the file you indicated and modify it. How you do it?
nano /file/name

Hey there,
Is there any of you having a RT router with Merlin firmware?
There is a bug in my builds and i am not sure if that comes from upstream yet.
The problem happens in the page http://router.asus.com/QoS_EZQoS.asp. Here the ATM checkbox doesn't stay checked after an apply.
That option is missing in the stock firmware.
If you have some time, please have a look and report back. Thanks a lot.

1613527154054.png

If you get disconnections from the llinux box you can easily test two things:
1. try tu lauch ping and leave it runnig per 1 day and see if you still get disconnections during the time ping is running.
2. Disable the power management on the wifi card you have. If you run iwconfig you will get Power Managemnt: on. You can disable via network manager configuration.
View attachment 30771
I used WinSCP, so I was able to navigate inside the router folders. Inside the 'etc' folder, the 'NetworkManager' entry is missing

@MatteoPV
I asked about to Asus developers about this logs
"Feb 12 16:58:01 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(507): eth2: Disassoc AA:VV:CC:DD:EE:FF, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0"
And they replied with this:
"Hi Antonio,
No need to worry about the log.
We added the log to know the wifi clients join and leave the wifi network to analysis some customers' aimesh issue."

So as this has been said multiple times it's not an issue. Asus has built the driver with debug flag activated, that's it. Ignoring the logs is safe. Topic closed.

Last edited:
@MatteoPV
"Feb 12 16:58:01 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(507): eth2: Disassoc AA:VV:CC:DD:EE:FF, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0"
"Hi Antonio,
We added the log to know the wifi clients join and leave the wifi network to analysis some customers' aimesh issue."

So as this has been said multiple times it's not an issue. Asus has built the driver with debug flag activated, that's it. Ignore the logs is safe. Topic closed.
I understand, thank you. This morning the router still made some boring disconnections but then it was hard to hang up the devices. I decided to install your 384 stable version on the router, reset to factory values and reconfigured everything from scratch. Now it seems to be fine, I'll see what happens in the next few days

Hey there,
The problem happens in the page http://router.asus.com/QoS_EZQoS.asp. Here the ATM checkbox doesn't stay checked after an apply.

View attachment 30871

Yes. When I choose atm and say apply, the atm sign disappears.

We want to share my experience, maybe it can be useful to someone. I had installed the 384 and I decided to do a master reset and configure everything from scratch: the firmware behaved well. Yesterday I decided to do the same thing with the 386. In the past I didn't do the master reset, this time yes. The router has been running smoothly for over 24 hours. No disconnection etc. I therefore believe that for those who switch from original firmware to merlin, the master reset is mandatory. Also in the log file there are no more strange entries

@MatteoPV
"Hi Antonio,

So as this has been said multiple times it's not an issue. Asus has built the driver with debug flag activated, that's it. Ignoring the logs is safe. Topic closed.
So in reality if some one was having an issue aimesh and seeing these spam their logs, Maybe they have an AiMesh logistics issue. This would be an issue only relevant to bring up with Asus through the feedback channel using stock firmware. I concur with GNUton, I have seen these logs before, but I have had Zero Issues with GNUton's firmware fork.

So in reality if some one was having an issue aimesh and seeing these spam their logs, Maybe they have an AiMesh logistics issue. This would be an issue only relevant to bring up with Asus through the feedback channel using stock firmware. I concur with GNUton, I have seen these logs before, but I have had Zero Issues with GNUton's firmware fork.
By installing the GNUton firmware from scratch, even doing a master reset, all those weird logs are gone. I put back the same addon as before. I have Skynet, FlexQOS, swap enabled, AMTM etc. Same adjustments of the DSL part, indeed a setting even more aggressive than the DSL. It has been going without disconnections for 2 days, it has already processed over 30 GB of traffic all in VPN etc. At this point I think it is essential when switching from the original firmware to the Merlin, then do a master reset and configure everything as if the modem were new. From here on, I believe that when updating the firmware, the master reset is no longer needed

I there,
Beta2 firmware is building right now and it will be available in about 1 hour. I fixed several things among them there are the spectrum issue and the time ntp sync that have been reported in github.
This pre-release is much better than the previous one.
FIY It's based on the upstream 386.1_2 firmware. So... Enjoy!

@GNUton @RMerlin

I just installed beta 2 software and everything looks great. Thank you both very much. I am sure there are many people who do not speak English or have no experience to write in forums and cannot thank. Thank you also on behalf of them. ;)

I have now installed the new version without any problems. But now I can only say that the command page of the router has also turned, never been so fast and fluid. We will see in a few days how it behaves but for now I don't see any trouble

Hey there,

It's a bug on my end, fixed here.

At the moment, the beta 2 of gnuton has been running for 3 and a half days without any reboots and without any problems. Tonight entering the control page, I notice a kind of blue distortion in the background, I think it's just a graphic matter. It wasn't there before, probably it disappears with a reboot, but since that's fine, I won't reboot

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-22T17-48-17.302Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-22T17-48-17.302Z.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 104