What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

interleave needs to set a delay, the longer the more corrections can be done but each request will last longer too.
I think delay is just set, but not used when interleave is off and you're on fastpath.
https://www.dslreports.com/faq/2182

That modem is displaying :

INP and Interleave delay on the upstream , that means that interleaving is running. If it were not running the values of both would be zero.

INP --------- 0 ( symbols )

Interleave 0( 1/100ms )

This image shows a Vigor130 modem on FastPath

vdsl-inp.png

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure this value is wrong, mine is 99/100° without fan 60/62° with fans
this difference looks to much for my experience

I cannot judge this, but I can say this router is running very well as a wireless router the last couple of years.

I attached a screenshot for you - this is maybe more helpful.

BTW the VPN is managed by another system (performance)

screenshot-192.168.1.1-2019.07.02-17_34_22.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I follow up some posts in SNBForums, and created my account today to sincerely THANK YOU @GNUton for your brilliant job!
After some time struggling with my official firmware from Asus, I found this lovely piece of AsusWRT Merlin art and gave it a try.
It's running flawlessly and I became impressed by the new features Merlin has.
I'm using my DSL-AC68U as a primary router, connected to a bridged Virgin cable modem, so the initial setup (when it tries to detect DSL line) was a little awkward, but I managed to skip it and configure internet via WAN as before.
Really well done! Thanks, mate!

Hi GNUton!

Here some Asus beta firmwares from July for their older DSL routers, maybe interesting for you: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/9A11A78AD414465B853617379C50D180Y
Changelog:
Support new Feedback mechanism.
PPPD module updated: ppp-2.4.7, fixed possible PPPoE/PPPoA periodic interruption issue.
Fixed IPTV issue with specific ISP/IPTV service provider.
Fixed 5GHz band throughput drop issue.
Fixed after failover cannot failback from Secondary-VDSL WAN to Primary-ETHERNET WAN case.
Fixed Web UI related issues.

:rolleyes:

I do wonder why someone would post specs of the RT-AC68U in what is quite clearly a DSL-AC68U thread

:rolleyes:

I do wonder why someone would post specs of the RT-AC68U in what is quite clearly a DSL-AC68U thread
if you further read the post you would understand the context of why it was mentioned, just by following what the post was in response to.

Last edited:
Ladies and getns,
After some looong testing, today we have the newest Merlin for DSL-AC68U release (384.12-gnuton1)
Enjoy.

Cheers GNUton I was in the same situation as you I scored a very cheap DSL AC68U hopeing to use it as a secondary AP to my RT AC68U, not sure of the exact settings required for AP ( If anyone can list all required settings THX in advance) but its up and running fine so far. I joined SNB to specifically say Thanks mate for your time and the effort requied to make this project possible. :)

Thank you very much for your efforts! Everything works smoothly for me. Do you plan to integrate mesh functionality at some point?

I wanted to join the chorus of people thanking GNUton for this. Works great, and a dramatic improvement to the stock Asus firmware. Thanks

Good day Everyone, also joined to thanks GNUton! I have two DSL-AC68u's and might be placebo effect but they feel much faster and stable :). Will monitor it going forward.

I have a question though and hoping someone can help. My primary router is set up for Eth Wan internet connection as I am using fibre and not DSL. This works perfectly. I have the two DSL-AC68U's connected via Ethernet and want to use the secondary one as an access point. I am able to successfully set it up as eth Wan internet as well, but then I am unable to access my primary network. I have tried disabling WAN, NAT, DHCP etc to use it as access point on same network but with no success. Any advise?