What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for your continued work... have just uploaded this latest firmware & noticed on the network map page clients are not listed ie: clients = 0; everything seems to be functioning as it should thou.
I have noticed that I have to check what a the problem. BTW if click 'view the clients' the number gets updated.

You can use byo VDSL modems for TPG fttn.

Providers often do not support byo modems, that does not mean they do not work.

That's good to know. I have heard stories that many providers (since they are all owned by TPG) require modems that are locked to the ISP.

So I thought BYO modem was not possible. With AussieBB, BYO is possible and supported. They will even tell you how to best configure it.

hi GNUton and thank you for your hard work. please i want your help. i'm currently at firmware 384.10_gnuton4 and trying to update to latest 384.11_gnuton1.
but i cant do it, i have an error saying: firmware upgrade unsuccessful. this may result from incorrect image or error transmission.
please see attached image
what can i do to fix it and update to latest firmware? thank you!!!

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 405
The first thing that comes to my mind and that I suggest you to do is to check the md5 signature of the trx you have downloaded and that you are trying to flash. Maybe it's corrupted. I have personally tested the image I released and it should correctly flash.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

but i cant do it, i have an error saying: firmware upgrade unsuccessful. this may result from incorrect image or error transmission.

Reboot the router with no USB disk attached to free up as much RAM as possible, then try again.

DNS over TLS should be supported: is that letsencrypt support right?
As for the DSL firmware.. well it s the firmware that gets flashed in the dsl modem. It s a Asus' pre-built bin.

i did all suggestions you told me but none worked. at last i flashed an asus rescue firmware and flashed after that the 384.11 and this time worked fine. i dont know if i have done it ok to flash asus rescue original firmware and after 384.11. with all flashes not restored to default settings. settings remained but i see in network map connected clients 0. with no option shows anymore clients. i think its a bug.
thank you all for your help. be well. Spiros.

DNS over TLS should be supported: is that letsencrypt support right?
As for the DSL firmware.. well it s the firmware that gets flashed in the dsl modem. It s a Asus' pre-built bin.

Letsencrypt is working, but this is absolutelly not DNS over TLS. It's new feature RMerlin's firware. Early this function was prowided by "stubby" sowtware.

DNS over TLS should be supported

Make sure you enable the DNSPRIVACY flag in your target.mak build profile for the DSL-AC68U.

as i already said before this is a bug and not working.
i also made a factory restore but the problem remains.
thank you.

Attachments

• bug.JPG
    bug.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 449
As for the DNS over TLS it should be already enabled since DNS Privacy flag is inherited by the RT-AC68U config.

as i already said before this is a bug and not working.
i also made a factory restore but the problem remains.
thank you.

Make sure you use a /24 or smaller. Networkmap is hardcoded for a /24, so using a /16 or a /8 will miss any client outside of that scope.

Make sure you use a /24 or smaller. Networkmap is hardcoded for a /24, so using a /16 or a /8 will miss any client outside of that scope.
what do you mean Make sure you use a /24? do you mean 24bit hardcoded? i dont understand you. what to check - change so networkmap shows my connected devices?
i only know that in previous firmware 384.10 worked just fine. thank you.

Last edited:
what do you mean Make sure you use a /24? do you mean 24bit hardcoded? i dont understand you. what to check - change so networkmap shows my connected devices?
i only know that in previous firmware 384.10 worked just fine. thank you.

What is the subnet mask of your network? 255.255.255.0 is a /24.

If you use something larger (for example 255.0.0.0, which is a /8), then the networkmap will fail to report all clients.

What is the subnet mask of your network? 255.255.255.0 is a /24.

If you use something larger (for example 255.0.0.0, which is a /8), then the networkmap will fail to report all clients.
i use subnet mask of my network 255.255.255.0
ip address 192.168.1.1
all devices in my network has ip address of 192.168.1...
but networkmap shows 0 clients.
thanks for your quick reply.