What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have noticed that I have to check what a the problem. BTW if click 'view the clients' the number gets updated.
afraid on mine it remains at zero... anyway, doesn't seem to effect the router service so likely just a cosmetic bug. thx.

As for the DNS over TLS it should be already enabled since DNS Privacy flag is inherited by the RT-AC68U config.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There are 2 screenshots: RMerlin's and GNUton's sections of WAN DNS settings: 1-st have DoT, 2-nd - not.
RMerlin's firmware: 384.11
GNUton's firmware: 384.11_gnuton1

DoT_RMerlin.jpg DoT_gnuton.jpg

@GNUton

Great to see finally also the DSL modems of Asus are coming alive with the custom firmware.

I own a Asus DSL AC87VG and hopefully the firmware will also be available for my device. with all the latest options - features etc.
And better

Last edited:
Network Map > Client list is not working ??

It is searching but cant find any client on the network.

The previous version 384.10_gnuton4 it's working flawlessly. I'm using it with a 64GB usb with swap file, diversion, minidlna and qos.
Too bad my dsl-ac68u cpu it's constantly at 90° lol
repair it or you wont have it much longer!
Most probably a bad or no connection to cooler/heat sink. Sometimes they are bent up in the middle causing a gap.
CPU should be about 75°C.

Most probably a bad or no connection to cooler/heat sink. Sometimes they are bent up in the middle causing a gap.
CPU of my DSL-AC68U=82°C and this is the hottest CPU of my routers: RT-AC3200=62°C, RT-AC66U B1=65°C, RT-AC68U=71°C

Last edited:

Keep in mind that ambient temperatures will impact on the router temps.
Ambient is 20c in our server room - DSL-AC68U router temps are as follows: - 2.4GHz-45°C 5Ghz-47°C CPU-66°C

Router has been running for just over 3 weeks without a reboot and has the following add-on scripts enabled:-
Amtm 2.1 / Diversion with pixelserv / Entware / Skynet / Stubby / ntpMerlin / connmon / Disk check / FreshJR Adaptive QOS / OpenVPN server
Rock steady and stable on GNUton4.

Essential in my view to run short 6" quality USB extension lead if using minidlna or other USB intensive applications.
When directly attached - some USB flash sticks can be "nasty" little heat generators :mad: :D.