What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Honestly, i have so many threads, i actually just went upstairs to get the right information LOL, YES i do have the AC86U, which was running merlin, i just pm you RE open reach modem

Just pop over to this link from time to time to catch up on all your own postings ...
https://www.snbforums.com/members/loady.5347/
... may help you to prevent repeating your posts in multiple threads ;)

Mine seems to work fine and I do not have the same problem.

@GNUton, if you don't have a dsl anymore are you still going to continue with development?
It's a long time I do not have a DSL connection now.. and I'm still actively maintaining this project.
The DSL-AC68U is still my main router to access the internet but I do not use its DSL capabilities for now.

It's a long time I do not have a DSL connection now.. and I'm still actively maintaining this project.
The DSL-AC68U is still my main router to access the internet but I do not use its DSL capabilities for now.
Thanks, good to hear.

May I ask a feature ? Sorry if this is has been answered before,

Is voip function supported eitheir from asuswrt0-merlin firmware itself or from this firmware?

I currently use dsl-ac68u as modem/router but because I dont want to have 2 devices I dont use the voip services of my provider.

thx in advanced and well done @GNUton , keep the good work mate ;)

Hi there,
I do not own a DSL anymore and I cannot test this... :( https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/29
Would anybody check this out?
Thanks a lot.
From the logs it looks fine to me..

I can confirm that the problem referred to has never occurred in any of the @GNUton firmware releases - and certainly not in ver 384.14.0

I have 3 DSL-AC68U’s in the “family” at different locations - all running @GNUton released firmware - and none have had any issues with reconnecting via PPP on DSL lines after reboot.

Hi there,
I have built a new pre-release https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/384.14_2-gnuton0_alpha1 which is waiting for some testers.
I would like to thank all the people who help me in testing the firmware and support other users! cheers mates!
I just noticed Asus has released new binary blobs so I will update the firmware most probably this weekend. No idea what are the changes yet there.

This one running rock steady as ever ... includes Merlin fixes between 384.14 and 384.14_2 - so better than ever.
Great work @GNUton once again ... {Thumbs Up} :D.

Hi there,
I have merged the latest ASUS binaries in 384.14_2 and here is the build: https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/384.14_2-gnuton0_alpha2
This will require more testing than the alpha1 because ASUS has changed a few functions.
So once again, please test and let me know if the latest build works for you. Expecially the DSL part which I cannot test by myself.
Thanks a lot.

I can see lots of changes and bug fixes from Asus in their latest release.
I will test this alpha 2 of yours over the weekend and report back.
I don't doubt it will be as plain sailing as usual ;).

Hi there,
I have merged the latest ASUS binaries in 384.14_2 and here is the build: https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/384.14_2-gnuton0_alpha2
This will require more testing than the alpha1 because ASUS has changed a few functions.
So once again, please test and let me know if the latest build works for you. Expecially the DSL part which I cannot test by myself.
Thanks a lot.
I can see lots of changes and bug fixes from Asus in their latest release.
I will test this alpha 2 of yours over the weekend and report back.
I don't doubt it will be as plain sailing as usual ;).

Ooops - this one did not work for me ... uploaded fine - but then on reboot could not gain access to router at all - webgui or via SSH.
Boot process seemed unstable - lots of intermittent LED activity.
Sorry no logs - had to revert to running Asus Rescue to stock firmware to get the router back.

Suggest you hold off anyway - and rather do next release when RMerlin releases 384.15 - which has some amazing additional features.

bricked my router this one, cant seem to get into recovery either. lovely stuff.

The cautionary from @GNUton was clear - which is why I held off on the alpha 2 until ample time to play with the alpha [expect issues]
If you went ahead after reading my post above - then :rolleyes: ...

While router is powered on - press and hold the reset button for at least 6 seconds - then press the power button and hold it in while still hanging onto the reset button ... wait until the power LED blinks slowly - then release. Run Rescue program asap with Asus Stock firmware selected. Do not restore settings from backup - reconfigure manually.

I suggest you stick with GNUton 384.14_0 stable release - it is rock steady if carefully an correctly configured.

The cautionary from @GNUton was clear - which is why I held off on the alpha 2 until ample time to play with the alpha [expect issues]
If you went ahead after reading my post above - then :rolleyes: ...

While router is powered on - press and hold the reset button for at least 6 seconds - then press the power button and hold it in while still hanging onto the reset button ... wait until the power LED blinks slowly - then release. Run Rescue program asap with Asus Stock firmware selected. Do not restore settings from backup - reconfigure manually.

I suggest you stick with GNUton 384.14_0 stable release - it is rock steady if carefully an correctly configured.

I'm having problems flashing stock, reaches 85% then fails. Is there a smaller stock firmware or a way to flash from usb?