What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It happen to me once in one of my DSL-AC68U after flashing from stock firmware, try a factory reset after the installation an set it up from scratch.
I have to say that it only happened once, after resenting it and setting it up that incident never came back in any other flashing. (and I always dirty flash).

I also did a dirty flash from 384.16_0-gnuton1 to 384.17_0-gnuton0_alpha2 for the moment everything seems to work fine, I will report back if I notice any abnormality.
Thank you once again Gnuton.

Try different browsers. Maybe the one you’re using isn’t working right

Goodmorning everyone,
I carried out the procedure to free the memory and I did a reboot, now the rules are saved. Thank you all.
I have another problem, I cannot, from within my network, reach a public ip always on my network, I think it is a nat reflection/loopback problem, is there any way to disable it?
Thanks.

edit: another problem: i have this in log:

2020-04-29 15:39:49 Debug Modem-DSL-AC68U-A282C96-C
daemon dnsmasq-script
[SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT : (4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.

daemon dnsmasq-script
connect error: No such file or directory

What is?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Goodmorning everyone,
I carried out the procedure to free the memory and I did a reboot, now the rules are saved. Thank you all.
I have another problem, I cannot, from within my network, reach a public ip always on my network, I think it is a nat reflection/loopback problem, is there any way to disable it?
Thanks.

edit: another problem: i have this in log:

daemon dnsmasq-script
[SEND_AMAS_NODE_EVENT : (4684)] ERROR connecting:No such file or directory.

daemon dnsmasq-script
connect error: No such file or directory

What is?
Thanks.
Hi,
That's a merlin upstream known issue:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...r-connecting-no-such-file-or-directory.62407/

Hi and thanks. I try new version but please can you tell me if there is a way to disable the nat reflection/loopback?
Thank you.

Maybe try post a new thread in the main Asuswrt-Merlin rather than this one?.
IF it is possible to configure for your issue with NAT Reflection - you'll more likely get an answer there.

My other Router - an RT-AC86U also does not cope with NAT loopback - and there is no way to turn off hardware acceleration in that model - which has been suggested in another thread on SNBForum as a possible fix.

Maybe try post a new thread in the main Asuswrt-Merlin rather than this one?.
IF it is possible to configure for your issue with NAT Reflection - you'll more likely get an answer there.

My other Router - an RT-AC86U also does not cope with NAT loopback - and there is no way to turn off hardware acceleration in that model - which has been suggested in another thread on SNBForum as a possible fix.

thanks. Actually I solved by setting in lan - server_dhcp - dns_server_1 I put the ip address of the modem. Now everything seems to be working.

Thanks again.

Hi, just upgraded to 384.17, seems good so far, i only got these msg in the log file:

lldpd[327]: cannot get ethtool link information with GLINKSETTINGS (requires 4.9+): Operation not permitted
lldpd[327]: cannot get ethtool link information with GSET (requires 2.6.19+): Operation not permitted

anything to worry about?!

Hello
Gnuton. I want to thank you for your good work on this modem router. Since this one works with your firmware
I only restart it when changing versions (except this morning )

In the latest firmware it is mentioned that the feedback has been completely removed. Since this morning the flashing yellow icon has appeared.
I have restarted 3 times, and the number of crc is minimal.
The router works fine, I just want to understand

Thanks again

upload_2020-5-8_14-24-32.png

upload_2020-5-8_14-23-54.png

Hey GNUton! I'm a long time stalker/lurker and just wanted to say hi and thank you so much for this custom firmware! I just installed this on my router and everything went without a hitch! I backed up the settings and then cleared out everything/factory reset before installing your firmware and then imported back the settings and voila! It just worked. So again, thank you so much and I hope you keep up the awesome work you're doing!

Hello
Gnuton. I want to thank you for your good work on this modem router. Since this one works with your firmware
I only restart it when changing versions (except this morning )

In the latest firmware it is mentioned that the feedback has been completely removed. Since this morning the flashing yellow icon has appeared.
I have restarted 3 times, and the number of crc is minimal.
The router works fine, I just want to understand

Thanks again

View attachment 23335

View attachment 23334
Hi,
CRC (Uncorrected Errors) are usually caused by induced noise on the DSL lines. So the problem is on the line itself and not on the router.
Maybe you can find more info in the logs.

Hi

Thanks for releasing this firmware. I had been having problems on and off with my DSL-AC68U router and this was made worse by my ISP not allowing me to stream over VPN. Going back to the ISP provided router has fixed the problem for myself and a couple of others but I took the opportunity to upgrade the firmware from stock to 384.17_0-gnuton1 which seems far superior. Especially as it has been able to maintain my AiMesh setup to my single Lyra disk. Ideally I want to be able to run the AC68U in AP mode is this possible? Currently I have told the router to use WAN1 for secondary internet which is working.

Also my main question relates to USB disk. I have recently purchased a 14TB USB3 Mains Powered hard drive and have plugged this to the USB port. I want to use this as a network drive and a time machine destination. The folders seem fine and the correct but for some reason I cannot write to the drive. I can read it no problem, but cannot write to it. I have enabled SMB V1 on both my Windows 10 machine and the USB settings.

Is there anything in the set-up that would stop me being able to edit the USB contents?

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for releasing this firmware. I had been having problems on and off with my DSL-AC68U router and this was made worse by my ISP not allowing me to stream over VPN. Going back to the ISP provided router has fixed the problem for myself and a couple of others but I took the opportunity to upgrade the firmware from stock to 384.17_0-gnuton1 which seems far superior. Especially as it has been able to maintain my AiMesh setup to my single Lyra disk. Ideally I want to be able to run the AC68U in AP mode is this possible? Currently I have told the router to use WAN1 for secondary internet which is working.

Also my main question relates to USB disk. I have recently purchased a 14TB USB3 Powered hard drive and have plugged this to the USB port. I want to use this as a network drive and a time machine destination. The folders seem fine and the correct but for some reason I cannot write to the drive. I can read it no problem, but cannot write to it. I have enabled SMB V1 on both my Windows 10 machine and the USB settings.

Is there anything in the set-up that would stop me being able to edit the USB contents?

Try this link to get DSL-AC68U into AP mode - you will have to scroll down a bit to find the post by adamr on Dec 15,2017
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...u-modem-router-with-their-fibre.919040/page-2

As to your USB disk - I have my doubts that the power output from the DSL-RT68U Modem/Router USB port will be sufficient to reliably power a 14 TB spinning disk/s. If the Disk can be powered independently of the router - you may have better success. I personally use a Synology NAS - which is fit for purpose - unlike the Asus Router with its limited RAM and processing power.

Try this link to get DSL-AC68U into AP mode - you will have to scroll down a bit to find the post by adamr on Dec 15,2017
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...u-modem-router-with-their-fibre.919040/page-2

As to your USB disk - I have my doubts that the power output from the DSL-RT68U Modem/Router USB port will be sufficient to reliably power a 14 TB spinning disk/s. If the Disk can be powered independently of the router - you may have better success. I personally use a Synology NAS - which is fit for purpose - unlike the Asus Router with its limited RAM and processing power.
Thank you for your reply.

The USB disc has a separate power supply. Sorry I wasn't clear. It just seems odd I can read from it through windows & mac as a mapped drive, just have no write access to it.

Thank you for the AP link. That is pretty much what I have done.