What's new

[DSL-AX82U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks, i find the url for download the merlin firmware for RT-AX86U but not for ASUS DSL-AX82U, can someone help me?

Thanks, i find the url for download the merlin firmware for RT-AX86U but not for ASUS DSL-AX82U, can someone help me?

@esbjcs69ort RT-AX82U firmware is not available yet, but when available you will be able to download from there.
Thanks for the answer but i said RT-AX86U not 82U. I just download the firmware 2 mins ago (RT-AX86U_386.3_2.zip), is not right? And for DSL-AX82U i download this "DSL-AX82U_386.03_2-gnuton3_beta2_cferom_pureubi.w"

@esbjcs69ort, you keep contradicting what you state in your previous posts.

Can you please clarify.

Im sorry. So i need to download the stable merlin firmware for RT-AX86U and for DSL-AX82U. I have both. Can you telle me the exactly link for download the stable version of both?

I am planning to buy DSL-AX82U but I don't know its openvpn client download/upload performance with this merlin firmware. Currently I am using Asus AC52u but openvpn surfshark speed is too slow (8mbit/sec). I am expecting at least %40 speed of my DSL bandwidth which is 20 mbit. Did you have a chance to check with this merlin firmware? I am planning to buy it according to testing results.

@raknerak, welcome to the forums.

I believe you should be able to get full speed out of 20Mbps bandwidth over VPN, depending on which server you connect to.

The maximum speed isn't guaranteed, it is 'up to'. Depending on other factors like the servers connected, the settings used when setting up the VPN, and the devices used (wired/wireless).

Just to check, are your ISP speeds 20Mbps up and down?

@raknerak, welcome to the forums.

I believe you should be able to get full speed out of 20Mbps bandwidth over VPN, depending on which server you connect to.

The maximum speed isn't guaranteed, it is 'up to'. Depending on other factors like the servers connected, the settings used when setting up the VPN, and the devices used (wired/wireless).

Just to check, are your ISP speeds 20Mbps up and down?
Hi there...

I have a DSL-AX82U and run Gnuton firmware, I`m on a 65mbit connection and regularly hit over 56mbit over VPN....

Hope This Helps...

regards

Katana1074

Thank you Katana and L&LD for your responses...

I bought DSL-AX52U according to your comments and router updated firmware to the 3.0.0.4.386_45660-g37ee6d6 (stock firmware). I have tested VPN (openvpn based). My bandwidth speed 45mbit/sec from speedtest w/o VPN and when I enable it reaches 42mbit/sec which is perfect!! Vpn type is surfshark. I also checked CPU peformance of the router, it was not reaching %50 for just only one core. Before this router I bought Billion BiPAC 8900AX-2400 but its VPN performance was awful (5mbit/sec) then I requested merchandise return for this product and waiting for their approval.

Just for clarity, you do mean the RT-AX82U, correct? :)

No it's combo device including DSL function but I believe they have the same hw specification w/ RT-AX82U except including DSL or not.

Sorry, I meant to say DSL-AX82U.

Your post 36, states DSL-AX52U. :)