What's new

Dual Band Wireless Repeater AirPlay compatible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vwsplitty1980

Occasional Visitor
Hi there

As the tile says really, I currently have a asus rtn66u setup and fully working but I have a dead spot that I need a repeater for. I just tried the to link wa830re which worked great for Internet but I have since found that neither AirPlay or AirPrint will work with it. So I need a compatible repeater if any one knows of one ?

I did find the Netgear WN3500RP which seems to do everything but would really like something with a couple of external aerials as I'm presuming this would give better signal strength (I could be wrong)

Thanks for any help guys ;)

Coverage dead spots.. best to us an Access Point (AP) or a wifi router re-purposed as an AP. Then connect the AP to the router via cat5, HomePlug or MoCA.

(WDS) Repeaters are not nice.

Coverage dead spots.. best to us an Access Point (AP) or a wifi router re-purposed as an AP. Then connect the AP to the router via cat5, HomePlug or MoCA.

(WDS) Repeaters are not nice.

Didnt really want to go that route as it would invole buying a homeplug then having a 2nd SSID, really want something that act as "one network" swapping between the two. If it come to it ill guess ill have to go that way but there must be something that works ok out there????:confused:

WDS/Repeaters are always problematic. And throughput halves, if you need to avoid that; maybe not.

One SSID is OK if users don't move around with laptops/SmartThings and expect the device to automatically select the closest / best. Not gonna happen with most WIFi clients.

No need for a second SSID (yes, Steve and I obviously disagree - all I can say is test it yourself). Repeaters are horrible. Just add an AP on a non-overlapping channel with the same SSID and security and call it a day. I really like the EnGenius EAP600's and I've been installing a lot of them lately.