What's new

Entware after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gedesby

Occasional Visitor
hey everybody

i have installed entware and transmission from the guide on github (10 days old) and everytime i reboot the ac66 router i have to reinstall entware and transmission but without the small scripts there are intact.

i have done the dot in scripts in system.

i have tryed to stop transmission first and then reboot but entware and transmission is missing when the router i ready.

i have used the same quest in a other tread so sorry for rerequest but i am desperate.

Gedesby

Did you check "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" on router ui?

5172732caffa384a22287de5c1abe716.jpg

How did you create the ext3 partition on your external drive....if you used any sort of windows utility it won't work right on the ac66u. I had the same issue with transmission not working and looked like it got deleted after a reboot....boot into a Linux live cd from any distro and use it to partition and format the external drive as ext3 and ntfs if partitioning the drive...hope this helps.

The short answer is:
Try to increase sleep time in /jffs/scripts/services-start
The long answer is:
If you have several partitions on your hdd, or several usb storages - add a cycle in the above script that waits for all partitions to be mounted.

Hey zyxmon

I have only one partition on my hdd an this is the only one conectcted to my router. By the way I run fork .51.1
On my ac66 it was the same problem with fork. .50

Gedesby

Sorry for hijacking.... @gedesby

@zyxmon

1:st thanks again for help compiling lcd4linux.

2:nd Could you please give an example of "cyclescript",
using sleep atm caused by my low skill, would love to cycle

The short answer is:
Try to increase sleep time in /jffs/scripts/services-start
The long answer is:
If you have several partitions on your hdd, or several usb storages - add a cycle in the above script that waits for all partitions to be mounted.

Something like
Code:
COUNT=10
while [ true ]; do
    if [ -n `mount | grep /dev/sda2` ]; then
    sleep 1
    COUNT=$((COUNT-1))
    if [ $COUNT = 0 ]; then
      break
    fi
  else
    break
  fi
done
This fragment waits 10 seconds for /dev/sda2 to be mounted

But if my 3 USB storage device comes up with different /dev/sd?1 sometimes on my rt-ac68u

atm:
Huawei modemdongel with SD flash on passiv USB2 hub
/dev/sde1: LABEL="SD32" UUID="36DB-2741"

Verabatim Store n' Go stick on passiv USB2 hub
/dev/sdd1: LABEL="opt" UUID="b93a6111-3c3d-4cff-b2bd-2e6f91f34953"

WD on USB3
/dev/sda1: LABEL="My Book" UUID="54D8D96AD8D94ABE"

Something like

hey zyxmon

I need some help here the script you have made, how due i put that into my router ?? i am familiar to putty it is just how and where do i put the script ??? is it in json ??

my usb storage is named sda1

hopefull

Gedesby

gedesby
If you have one stoarge with one partition you do not need it. Contact the fork maintainer on your problems with jffs scripts.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!