What's new

Entware Entware doesn't work after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nullik43

New Around Here
Model: ASUS RT-AX86U PRO
Firmware: 3004-388-5-0
Enable JFFS custom scripts and config: Yes

Entware does not work after rebooting the router, that is, when entering the opkg command it writes -sh: opkg: not found, although everything worked before the reboot.
If after a reboot you install entware again via amtm, then everything works until the reboot, but after the reboot it doesn’t work.

And so cyclically I noticed that if you enter the command ls -la in the root section of the router, then the opt directory has a sublink to the /tmp/mnt directory, and lights up blue After rebooting, if you repeat the same steps, the sublink will light red. What does it mean?

(sorry for my English)

Admin@Router:/# mount /dev/sda1 /opt
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /opt failed: No such file or directory
You probably want to wipe your USB drive, start from scratch, configure a new swap file... etc. Do some error checking, etc. Make sure that the drive continues to stay mounted even after reboots to ensure your USB is still in good enough shape. Then start by reinstalling Entware.

Admin@Router:/# mount /dev/sda1 /opt
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /opt failed: No such file or directory
First thing I do in that situation is "ls /dev/sd?" and/or "ls /" and/or "fdisk -l /dev/sd?"

Wiping the drive won't help if the system doesn't recognize the hardware or the mount point doesn't exist.

I'm sorry, I'm new to Linux, can you tell me what you would do in such a situation and what you should try?

Post the content of /jffs/scripts/post-mount

#!/bin/bash
I'm sure the first line reads #!/bin/sh and not bash. Otherwise change it.
#!/bin/sh is correct for our routers.
Then add the following right after:
. /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod
Or run this in the terminal:
echo '. /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod' >> /jffs/scripts/post-mount
Then reboot the router.
Meanwhile I'll check where in my code it could have gone wrong.

Not using any of your scripts (haven't even looked at them). I type "bash" out of pure muscle memory and my stuff works fine on my AX units. Agree that portability is important when necessary.

Not using any of your scripts (haven't even looked at them). I type "bash" out of pure muscle memory and my stuff works fine on my AX units. Agree that portability is important when necessary.
Yeah sorry, that reply was not meant for you but the OP.

I have been using @thelonelycoder's scripts since the AB-Solution beta releases — I forget how long it has actually been. Once again, his talent amazes me given how few glitches have surfaced in the release of Diversion 5.0, A COMPLETE REWRITE. And, the issues are being resolved almost as fast as they are identified.

All of this is done to support the community with donation-only compensation. This is not his day job, but rather a voluntary gift to the Asuswrt-Merlin user community.

@thelonelycoder, you rock!

I'm sure the first line reads #!/bin/sh and not bash. Otherwise change it.
#!/bin/sh is correct for our routers.
Then add the following right after:
. /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod
Or run this in the terminal:
echo '. /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod' >> /jffs/scripts/post-mount
Then reboot the router.
Meanwhile I'll check where in my code it could have gone wrong.
Thanks a lot! This worked for me. Do I need to provide some kind of amtm logs or something like that?
Thank you very much again!

Thanks a lot! This worked for me. Do I need to provide some kind of amtm logs or something like that?
Thank you very much again!
There are no logs, and no, I don't need them. I'll figure it out.

@thelonelycoder @nullik43 On my router (RT-AX86U Pro merlin version 3004.388.6) in the /jffs/scripts/post-mount there is already the line . /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod but after rebooting I have the same problem : no more opkg as so on.
For I, the content of this script is :
#!/bin/sh

swapon /tmp/mnt/MERLIN_1/myswap.swp # Added by amtm

. /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod # Added by amtm
Please, help me
Thanks !

@thelonelycoder @nullik43 On my router (RT-AX86U Pro merlin version 3004.388.6) in the /jffs/scripts/post-mount there is already the line . /jffs/addons/amtm/mount-entware.mod but after rebooting I have the same problem : no more opkg as so on.
For I, the content of this script is :

Please, help me
Thanks !
Search the System Log for “Entware” messages. It will confirm if the script ran and what it did.

@dave14305 this is the only messages since my reboot, apparently the script didn't run
May 5 07:09:57 wsdd2[4418]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send

Feb 10 02:24:40 inadyn[6254]: Certificate verification error:num=20:unable to ge

Feb 10 02:24:40 inadyn[6254]: Certificate verification error:num=21:unable to ve

Feb 10 02:24:45 Mastiff: init

Feb 10 02:25:00 wsdd2[4418]: Terminated received.

Feb 10 02:25:16 Mastiff: init

Feb 10 02:25:25 crond[2357]: time disparity of 3033855 minutes detected

Feb 10 02:25:47 Mastiff: init

Feb 10 02:26:18 Mastiff: init

Feb 10 02:26:49 Mastiff: init

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!