What's new

Failover Option for Netgear X4S R7800?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vapor

Occasional Visitor
Hello

Was wondering if the R7800 has a failover option?

Contemplating between this and the Synology AC2600 and hard to believe that they have very similar specs even though they launched almost 2 years apart! Any suggestions which has the better FW/SW?

Coming from an ASUS RT-N66U which is starting to fail :(

Synology probably has a better GUI and they do updates more often, Netgear pushes firmware about every 2 months and the new GUI is not yet released, performance wise the R7800 is slightly better on 5Ghz. The performace difference could be down to customized drivers and or board layout differences.

Synology probably has a better GUI and they do updates more often, Netgear pushes firmware about every 2 months and the new GUI is not yet released, performance wise the R7800 is slightly better on 5Ghz. The performace difference could be down to customized drivers and or board layout differences.
Didn't realize that Netgear was going to have a new UI. Their current UI is definitely not appealing. Have they done a beta or shown what it will look like?

Any idea on the failover option for the R7800?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It doesn’t have a failover option.

It doesn’t have a failover option.
Thanks, that does make it harder. Any idea if Voxel or custom FW will offer it? Rather new to Netgear (and not really a fan yet).

Makes the Synology a better option it seems? Though it is $60 more [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Voxel has done a great job of adding features and optimizing the firmware further. However I don’t believe failover is there, unless I’m mistaken.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!