What's new

Failure in UIO create address from ip address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

If anybody is experiencing a problem while printing from Windows 10 to the network printer connected to the router, with the error message "Failure in UIO CreateAddressFromIPAddress" - this is caused by recent Windows Update, which for security reasons started preventing printing to Linux machines pretending to be Windows print servers - I was able to solve the problem by removing and reinstalling the printer on the client computer. Creating registry entry RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled=1, found on intranet as the remedy, resulted in the whole printing environment becoming unresponsive.

Hey, I started getting the same issue in September. The printers are all in the printer server and its only certain users that are having that issue. The printers are all HP and removing them and reinstalling does not help. This is a separate issue from printnightmare that I know of. Which update is the one that does this?

The same problem. HP over Papercut server, only some users are involved
1668627385399.png