What's new

False "internet status: disconnected" in Network Map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

While the router works OK, Network Map shows

upload_2019-11-10_19-26-52.png

When the page is opening, I see that the actual values are showing up for a fraction of second - IP address etc. - but almost instantly they are replaced by "disconnected".
I saw a post about this problem 2 years ago, but in that case the user really had no internet access, so the message was correct. In my case, internet access is present.
I think this started in the last release.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-10_19-26-41.png
    upload_2019-11-10_19-26-41.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 171
Do you have Network Monitoring disabled in the Administration / System tab? If not, try disabling it.

Explain your modem/router setup, especially around DNS settings. What firmware version are you actually running (“latest” can be ambiguous).

Your questions guided me to the solution. In the router I specified DNS servers from GreenTeamDNS, and apparently the primary one is down (which did not result in any noticeable problem). Once I changed that, the problem is gone. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!