What's new

[Feature Request] Access Intranet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

docbill

Occasional Visitor
It seems some versions of the firmware have an Access Intranet feature for guest networks, and some doesn't.

If it is not a huge amount of effort could this be added into the AC68U builds? I like to use the same SSID for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, so my devices don't need to have multiple settings. But for high bandwidth devices I like to use a different SSID that is only 5 GHz, such as my Roku. The only way I know to add additional SSID's is as a guest network. Without intranet access, some of the features are limited or don't work at all. For example, allowing my Roku to connect to my plex server directly.

What firmware version are you running on your AC68U? The option should be there, assuming you're running in "router" mode and not "AP" mode.

Exactly. For my router on firmware 380.69_2, the intranet access option appears in "AP" mode. For my newer routers on 384.4_2 the intranet access option does not appear in "AP" mode.

If there is some technical reason why this is difficult, impossible, or not advisable, then I'll just have to find another way to configure my network.

-- update --

I was mistaken. I had forgotten I set the older router to a separate subnet... So I guess the answer is intranet access mode is not possible for guest networks in AP mode?

Last edited:
Exactly. For my router on firmware 380.69_2, the intranet access option appears in "AP" mode. For my newer routers on 384.4_2 the intranet access option does not appear in "AP" mode.

If there is some technical reason why this is difficult, impossible, or not advisable, then I'll just have to find another way to configure my network.
What do the following commands output?
Code:
ebtables -L

ebtables -t broute -L

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!