What's new

Feature Request: Access Restriction

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Takoru

Occasional Visitor
Hello RMerlin,

At first I want to thank you for your great work. Your firmware is the most stable for my RT-AC66U and updated frequently. Also your support here is excellent. Thanks so much.

But I'm missing one important feature which was the reason why I jumped to Tomato for now:

Could you please implent an "Access Restriction" like the tomato firmware by shibby has?
I need to choose just a few computers for which I want to block some websites.

All I'm able to do for now, with your firmware, is blocking the internet completely for one computer or blocking the website for everyone.
That's not a solution for me, sadly.

I would be really thankful about this feature and participate as beta tester, if needed.

Greetings,
Takoru

Last edited:
No plan to implement this at this time, due to the large amount of work that would be required.

All I'm able to do for now, with your firmware, is blocking the internet completely for one computer or blocking the website for everyone.
That's not a solution for me, sadly.

Its not a nice way, but you can use the 'network services filter' tab under the 'firewall', to specify a black-list for a list of specific clients , applications (WWW) and destination addresses.

The only down side to this is
(a) it assume you know the client IP will remain the same (easily fixed with DHCP reservations) and
(b) requires you to lookup the IP of the website you want to block (may be multiple IP addresses).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!