What's new

Flash from Merlin 384.4_2 to AdvancedTomato

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kalu

New Around Here
Hi,

Can anyone tried AdvancedTomato (RT-AC3200-AT-ARM7-3.5-140-AIO-64K.trx) on Asus RT-AC3200 on Asus-merlin 384.4_2 ?

if so would anyone kind enough to share me the guide to do so?

Thanks

advancedTomato is not maintained anymore - that is shibby (main dev) hasn't updated the Tomato core since may 2017 - almost a year now.
I don't recommend switching from Merlin as tomato v140 is vulnerable to multiple vectors like dhcp,dns and krack

advancedTomato is not maintained anymore - that is shibby (main dev) hasn't updated the Tomato core since may 2017 - almost a year now.
I don't recommend switching from Merlin as tomato v140 is vulnerable to multiple vectors like dhcp,dns and krack

Thanks maurer, is there any other option do we have? such as DD-WRT?

Thanks maurer, is there any other option do we have? such as DD-WRT?
in the first place, what are the stuff you need that merlin don't have?

There are a number of Tomato forks that are still actively developed. Check the Tomato forums at Linksysinfo.

Advanced Tomato is just Tomato with a fancy UI applied to it, functionality is the same as in the main forks.

There are a number of Tomato forks that are still actively developed. Check the Tomato forums at Linksysinfo.

Advanced Tomato is just Tomato with a fancy UI applied to it, functionality is the same as in the main forks.

Tbh I've tried flashing the latest version of Tomato but it won't allow me. I think since 384 branch and it modifying the NVRAM you're unable to flash other FW to the router without it going in a constant boot loop, the only cure is to keep 384.xxx on. @RMerlin am I wrong?

Tbh I've tried flashing the latest version of Tomato but it won't allow me. I think since 384 branch and it modifying the NVRAM you're unable to flash other FW to the router without it going in a constant boot loop, the only cure is to keep 384.xxx on. @RMerlin am I wrong?
Dunno, I haven't used Tomato for a few years now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dunno, I haven't used Tomato for a few years now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yeah, if you flash DD-WRT, Tomato or flash and older build of your FW or older stock FW you just have a constant boot loop. The way to cure this as stated go into rescue mode and only flash 384.XXX branch. I guess because the 384,XXX changed the NVRAM size.

Do a google search for the DDWRT wiki for your specific router... for instance 'ddwrt wiki ac68u' has lots of good information. I've flashed mine with DDWRT and have a main router and two bridges working great. They actually seem more stable than the Asus firmware, and feel more responsive. For the 68U, you flash a .trx in recovery mode, and then upgrade to the latest build through the web-if (.bin file)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!