What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's only 1 occurrence. I want to understand why it's triggering so often. I want to also see what happened at 17:34 or 17:44.

Or you can run:
Code:
sh -x /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh check
and PM me the results via pastebin.com.
Log2.png

Sent you a DM also :)

Log2.png

Sent you a DM also :)
So the issue in your case (and perhaps for others) is that the Others category is at the bottom of your priority list, and so it assumes that it is still the old Asus rule putting undefined traffic in the old Defaults category. If you move Learn-From-Home to the bottom, this should stop happening. I'll need to rethink how to do this since I'm trying to support old and new A.QoS.

Hello

There is something wrong with the last update, After the installation I rebooted the router and all the network crash, also Aimesh, no connection at all. after a while i was able to log back and removed the script, rebooted, no problem did it a few times no problem, reinstall the script back to the network crash

I forgot to mention i'm running this on a AC3100

Can you please check
Thanks

Last edited:
@Sebastien Bougie, what can be checked if you don't provide any logs and/or further details?

What firmware version are you using? When was the last time you did a full reset to factory defaults on that router after installing the latest firmware and then minimally and manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP? Did you use a backup config file to configure the router (not recommended)?

How long did you wait before you rebooted the router?

When you install the script, what specifically, does 'crash' mean?

What are the best settings for wifi that i dont interfere with the network the most, so it dont procedure bigh ping and jitter pikes?
Is smart connection better ? And yes which smart rules do you recommend? Load Balancing ?

Version 0.9.3
  • Reverted minimum quantum as MTU+14 until I'm smarter.
  • Added search/filter to AppDB field to replace command line appdb function (3 character minimum to activate search).
upload_2020-7-10_17-22-50.png

Code:
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh update

nice but is there a way to save my hardcoded rules? :D
And in the flexqos classification, my Smartphone Shows some untracked data but the name Shows as untracked but it is the same color as gaming so, does it fall into gaming or untracked?

Last edited:
nice but is there a way to save my hardcoded rules? :D
And in the flexqos classification, my Smartphone Shows some untracked data but the name Shows as untracked but it is the same color as gaming so, does it fall into gaming or untracked?
There must be a rule overriding it, or Untracked 000000 is redirected to Gaming. Screenshot?

The safest way I can think to preserve your 95% rule is to set all the Up/Down Max limits to 95%.

Also on my gaming pc and smartphone @asus RT-AC5300

Attachments

• Unbenan111nt.PNG
    Unbenan111nt.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 126
I tried Cake-QOS and don't care for it. I installed Flex and want to know how to make untracked traffic low priority?

All my untracked content is from my VPN and it's low priority stuff like IoT stuff.

It's a little confusing having both the Classification tab and Flex tab, side by side. I take it that if you are using Flex you have no need to look at the Classification tab?

Nice work by the way @dave14305 really nice fork!

I tried Cake-QOS and don't care for it. I installed Flex and want to know how to make untracked traffic low priority?
You can either move the Others category to a lower priority (but not the very bottom for technical reasons), or you can change the Class assigned to Untracked/000000 to something lower (but again, not the very bottom).
It's a little confusing having both the Classification tab and Flex tab, side by side. I take it that if you are using Flex you have no need to look at the Classification tab?
For now, I find it useful to sanity check my changes to see how Merlin reports things.

Version 0.9.3
  • Reverted minimum quantum as MTU+14 until I'm smarter.
  • Added search/filter to AppDB field to replace command line appdb function (3 character minimum to activate search).
View attachment 24646
Code:
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh update

Dave,
Many thanks for your work on this script!! I haven't been around much lately, but I am following the updates and have no issues currently - seems to be working great!

hello @dave14305

recently i have been seeing a lot of these errors on the log
Jul 10 23:48:33 RT-AC3100-0548 FlexQoS: We have an error talking to the kernel
Jul 10 23:48:33 RT-AC3100-0548 FlexQoS: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
Jul 10 23:48:33 RT-AC3100-0548 FlexQoS: RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
Jul 10 23:48:33 RT-AC3100-0548 FlexQoS: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
i was in 0.9.2 until now. ill be looking the log for more errors

Bug in your approach to "reserve" a new slot?
Code:
Jul 11 03:30:00 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh (pid=18106) called with 1 args: -check
Jul 11 03:30:00 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: No API slots available to install web page
Jul 11 03:30:01 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: No TC modifications necessary
FlexQoS is still happily occupying user10

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!